Former Seahawks Punter Jon Ryan to visit Bills on Tuesday

Logic

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/21/report-former-seahawks-punter-jon-ryan-expected-to-visit-bills/

Former Seahawks Punter Jon Ryan to Visit Bills on Tuesday

After his release from the Seattle Seahawks on Monday, veteran punter Jon Ryan already has a visit set up with an interested team.

According to Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times, Ryan is expected to fly to Buffalo on Tuesday for a meeting with the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Is this a camp-leg thing? I think Schmidt is pretty good.

I would think so.  McD and Beane love competition though, so they're always pushing guys to stay focused and to get better.  

However,  I would think there's plenty of kicks needed for the remainder of the off season to just need another leg.  

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

Is this a camp-leg thing? I think Schmidt is pretty good.

Nope, it is a legit competition. Ryan has been around forever. I’m sure that if the Bills bring him in he is getting a serious look. Ryan has played like 10 seasons i think. He’s not going somewhere, the day after being released, unless he has a chance. My guess is if the Bills like what they see he will be signed to compete. If they don’t like what they see, they’ll pass.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Jeetz1231 said:

Haushka worked great for us, why not their punter too!

Rian Lindell was quite solid for many years, for that matter

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

I wouldn't view this as a serious competition.

Hauschka's former holder and battery-mate?

I'd bet Colton Schmidt doesn't share your viewpoint

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Nope, it is a legit competition. Ryan has been around forever. I’m sure that if the Bills bring him in he is getting a serious look. Ryan has played like 10 seasons i think. He’s not going somewhere, the day after being released, unless he has a chance. My guess is if the Bills like what they see he will be signed to compete. If they don’t like what they see, they’ll pass.

..pretty reasonable too.....looks like $1 mil/yr has been his salary........

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

At this point in their respective careers, I think I'd probably stick with Schmidt. I think he's more suited to the Bills' philosophy of playing field position, a little more conservative.

Jon Ryan is a top-32 punter and deserves a job somewhere.

I'd like to see more consistency from Schmidt and especially in key situations. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'd like to see more consistency from Schmidt and especially in key situations. 

I agree wholeheartedly. He's in that 'replacement level' tier but I think he's near the top of it.

If he can string together 2 good years, he'll be worth keeping long-term. If not, hot and cold is probably what he is at 27-28.

Formerly of the Seahawks, per Rapoport 

@Rapsheet: Former #Seahawks punter Jon Ryan is flying to Buffalo and will sign with the #Bills when he lands, source said. He requested his release from Seattle, saw it quickly granted, now will land on his feet.

Edited by FluffHead
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1