What is Cris Carter Talking about

Protocal69

Watch "2018 Draft Top QB's Skills Tested & Broken Down with Soul & Science | NFL" on YouTube

https://www.google.com/amp/s/trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/football/john-brenkus-of-espn-s-sport-science-analyzes-josh-allen/article_dfd31bdd-f0d7-5a2f-8811-4f3a22c661c1.amp.html

Carter is so far off base with this evaluation. Not even being a homer, just completely flabbergasted at how wrong Carter is/was in his assertions about Allen.

If anything his arm strength and release will bail him out of being a little late because how fast and quick the kid can rip it.

• Thank you (+1) 3

Someone had to have switched Cris Carter's Josh Allen game film with a rerun of Home Improvement with Tim Allen playing catch resulting in an "I'm Ron Burgundy???" moment.  Dude. Is. A. Brick.

Edited by transient
  • Haha (+1) 1

It's crazy how sports talk has gone from informed opinions and actual journalism to what it has become now. Now you have shows like undisputed with Shannon and Skip and other shows that have followed the template of "put former athlete on show and have him make wild statements that are unsubstantiated but will drum up conversation on our social media" I usually just stick to Dan Patrick in the morning. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000927196/Soul-Science-How-fast-can-Josh-Allen-throw

hmm... interesting. That’s the first time I’ve heard that about Allen. 

Soul & science measured his release at 38 hundredths of a second, which they said is on par with Tom Brady and IIRC also one of the faster release times measured. 

Later in the video they also measure his throwing motion on the run. They said 2/3rds if his throwing motion (on the run) took only 25 hundredths of a second. 

Thanks for posting this. I just tweeted to Cris Carter that he should look at the research & not just the TV & i linked the study. I liked Carters play on the football field but off the field man does he say some stupid things. Thanks for giving me the ammo to correct his point. :P

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Jeetz1231 said:

It's crazy how sports talk has gone from informed opinions and actual journalism to what it has become now. Now you have shows like undisputed with Shannon and Skip and other shows that have followed the template of "put former athlete on show and have him make wild statements that are unsubstantiated but will drum up conversation on our social media" I usually just stick to Dan Patrick in the morning. 

That's it. It has gone from an information exchange, to professional trolling. 

Trolls get ratings.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It feels like Carter watched one highlight throw of Allen’s and assumed every throw was like that. He spent more time talking about Allen than he did watching Allen to form a meaningful opinion. 

I have probably spent more time watching and re-watching Allen’s throws from college and this preseason than doing my job.  I guess what I’m saying is that I’m doing my job more poorly than Carter is doing his job while doing Carter’s job better than him for free. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Watch "2018 Draft Top QB's Skills Tested & Broken Down with Soul & Science | NFL" on YouTube

https://www.google.com/amp/s/trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/football/john-brenkus-of-espn-s-sport-science-analyzes-josh-allen/article_dfd31bdd-f0d7-5a2f-8811-4f3a22c661c1.amp.html

Carter is so far off base with this evaluation. Not even being a homer, just completely flabbergasted at how wrong Carter is/was in his assertions about Allen.

If anything his arm strength and release will bail him out of being a little late because how fast and quick the kid can rip it.

Josh has some pretty good catching mitts.  Maybe some "Philly specials" in the future?

10 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000927196/Soul-Science-How-fast-can-Josh-Allen-throw

hmm... interesting. That’s the first time I’ve heard that about Allen. 

Soul & science measured his release at 38 hundredths of a second, which they said is on par with Tom Brady and IIRC also one of the faster release times measured. 

Later in the video they also measure his throwing motion on the run. They said 2/3rds if his throwing motion (on the run) took only 25 hundredths of a second. 

Yep I posted this months about about Allen.

His tangible numbers are fantastic, his only concern was would his completion% improve going to the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2