Mike Scopp Hacking it Up on National Radio

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
30 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

So he is a hack because he disagreed with a Bills front office decision to draft Allen? He was not the only one. The criticism was not unwarranted and Allen, while improved, has not shown the upside of those quarterbacks drafted alongside him in the first round. I was not happy with the choice, and I guarantee a lot of other posters on this board were not happy either. So...all I have to say is that this post is a hack job, calm down, and its okay to criticize the Bills and their personnel decisions. More often than not, those criticisms are pretty accurate.

He is not a hack for criticizing the Bills or the pick.  Did you actually read my post or just see the title and decided to reply?  He is a hack because he said that Josh Allen was pretty much lousy at Wyoming.  That is a statement that a hack would say.  Then he talks about "how could you take Allen over Jackson", which is another hack opinion.  If he preferred Jackson over Allen, that is one thing.  To claim it was "incomprehensible" to take Allen over Jackson, hackage.  Schopp admittedly does not watch much college football.  I doubt he has seen one full game Josh Allen played while at Wyoming.  Yet he gets on a national platform and claims "he was pretty much lousy at Wyoming."  Sorry to have to educate you, but that is what a hack does.

Also I am pretty far from a homer and I have no problem criticizing the team.  If you had any worthwhile response, you wouldn't have felt the need to try and pull that out of my post.  Next time have a real argument that counters the content of my post instead of trying to make me seem irrational by saying "calm down" or implying that I am a homer, amateur.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

On 8/25/2018 at 8:24 PM, 1billsfan said:

It would be so refreshing if WGR changed some of these dour hosts that can't seem to get over the 20 year malaise the franchise had been in and clearly seems to be comping out of. You want to hear uplifting, upbeat, charged up and excited local NFL sports radio done right? Go online to 97.5 The Fanatic (Philly). It's the Eagles local sports radio station and it's a 180 degree difference in how it's done over at the somber WGR. It's shocking how WGR gets away with these down beat guys. Get some new hosts in there who are excited about football and the Bills.

Ya think it's a little easier to be optimistic and excited in a city where they just won the Super Bowl and have a young QB who looks like he can do it many times more? 

Are you old enough to remember what things were like in Buffalo in the late '80s and after?  It wasn't dour.

I cannot express enough how happy I was the day I subscribed to SiriusXM radio and found the NFL/NHL radio stations.

Of course it's not only Bills/Sabres talk, but I'd rather listen to general NFL/NHL talk than listen to literally anyone at WGR anymore.

It's. So. Much. Better. For. Me. Now. ?

On 8/24/2018 at 9:49 PM, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I like Schopp. The day he talked about how overrated culture is is an example of an interesting topic that nobody else at that station would think of. 

Jeremy White has spewed that nonsense for years.

Anyone who thinks culture in sports doesn't matter, has never actually played sports...last season's Bills is a perfect example of culture making a difference.

• Like (+1) 1