Mike Scopp Hacking it Up on National Radio

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I just can't stand this guy.  It is one thing to be as arrogant as this guy, it is another to be as arrogant and spew nonsense on national radio like you have a clue what you are talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va92BPfqrcQ

Schopp is a hack that openly bashed the Allen pick for months.  He would have loved Lamar Jackson at 7 but bashes the Allen pick.  He is so clueless and arrogant.  "Pretty much lousy at Wyoming", what a freaking hack.  He had a 16-9 record as a starter at Wyoming.  The 3 previous seasons before that, they were a combined 11-25.  Wyoming is a perennial loser that has a few 1 and 2 win seasons sprinkled in over the last 20 years. 
Plus in their offense they run the ball a lot and when they throw, they throw deep.  It's not like the Big 12 where there is no defense and the QB's are throwing 40 passes a game (a lot of short screens) to Allen's 15-20 at Wyoming.  If Allen would have been in the Big 12, he would have thrown a lot more, his completion percentage would have been higher and his bad misses wouldn't have been as magnified.  Every college QB has those throws, the only reason everyone is bagging on Allen is he wasn't in an offense that threw a ton.  People see those a few highlights of his bad passes and look at this completion percentage and think well I guess he sucks.  Not realizing that actually watching the film matters. 

That's why all the scouts and top draft guru's had him going high and idiot radio personalities and uneducated fans thought he was a bust before he threw a pass at rookie camp.  That's why is completion percentage is lower.  That and he almost every team they play against has far superior talent at other positions.

I just had to post this.  Schopp saying Allen was "pretty much lousy at Wyoming just shows how clueless he is.  They were 8-3 this year when Allen was in and he was great in winning their bowl game.  Wyoming was 0-2 without Allen last season and scored 24 points in the two games without him.  Which included a loss the San Jose State Spartans (2-11) whose only other win came against Cal Poly.  Without Allen last season, the Cowboys would have been lucky to win 4 games, but Allen was "pretty much lousy at Wyoming" because one of the more famous local radio announcers has a cushy job that requires him to do almost nothing and he saw that Allen's completion percentage was below 60 so it's settled.  Is it too hard for someone who makes a living talking about sports to do a little research before they open their mouths and say something as idiotic as "pretty much lousy at Wyoming?"

I swear to God, I was about to download the radio.com app just before 3:00 today because I wanted to hear some football talk and I said to myself, you know what, these guys aren't good enough.  Man am I glad I didn't bother to do that.  I was proven right tonight when I got home and started searching youtube for videos of people talking about Allen starting and stumbled upon this. 

Pretty much lousy at Wyoming comment is at 4:16

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

No defense in the SEC? Lost me there champ. 

I wrote SEC but I meant to right BIG 12 where Mayfield and Rudolph lit it up easily.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 minute ago, cle23 said:

Those Mountain West defenses though!

They don't win when he doesn't play.  They lose to almost everybody including 2-11 San Jose State.  Allen is the only reason that team has done anything significant the last two years and he gets put down for it.

It's fine if you don't like Schopp... I don't like him either.

I also love Josh Allen.

But Josh Allen did not have a good handful of seasons at Wyoming. He didn't even make 1st team or 2nd team All Mountain West Conference at QB. All counting stats, Allen wasn't very good ... and his coach was the guy that coached Carson Wentz to a pretty dominant college career in a similarly bad conference.

The reason the Bills drafted him and some of us liked him is during the draft process and combine he got a lot better and showed improvement in mechanics ... and showed himself to be very coachable. Plus the obvious physical tools. If people strictly looked at his college career, he would be a 2nd round pick or later, at best. So ... Schopp is right in this case. There's a reason people were so angry when we drafted Allen, despite how high his ceiling is. 

• Like (+1) 5

K-Gun, my good fellow, you are spot on per usual! YE OLE has listened to Schopp since his WNSA days. There was a time when his “sports talk for smart people” (his tag line, not mine) wasn’t bad. But, over the years it’s gotten horrible.

The endless droning on about the Bachelor, candy bar drafts, politics, or whatever topic of the day is mostly nonsense. It’s fine if it’s your cup of tea, but it’s not what I want to hear about when I tune in to a sports talk station. 

Aside from that, he’s definitely rude to callers and isn’t at all appreciative for the audience he has. He makes it seem as though you’ve greatly inconvenienced him by calling his show. I think it’s all part of his shtick, but it makes me want to tune out. Bulldog seems like a nice enough fellow, but mostly takes a backseat while Schopp works over the poor soul that called in and dared express an unacceptable opinion or simply delivered it in a manner that wasn’t sufficiently eloquent for Mike.

For the most part I think people agree with these takes, but he has his supporters too who will say “then just don’t listen.” For the most part YE OLE has tuned out, but admittedly listen to some extent (usually at least Sal’s segments this time of year) because I’m unaware of other options to get bills/Sabres talk, especially for those of us out of town. If there were better options YE OLE would certainly tune him out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Even though I always got the impression that he’s created this radio character he has of being the Anti Buffalo guy he knows his constant bashing of the Bills even when they do something successful is going to get people’s anger up and want to call his show but he just takes stuff to idiotic levels anymore 

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Even though I always got the impression that he’s created this radio character he has of being the Anti Buffalo guy he knows his constant bashing of the Bills even when they do something successful is going to get people’s anger up and want to call his show but he just takes stuff to idiotic levels anymore 

Agreed.  He literally seems to hate his job.  I sometimes turn the volume down when a call comes in and I get the sense he is going to rip the caller a new one...I almost get embarrassed FOR the caller

38 minutes ago, White Linen said:

He's an embarrassment to himself.  

No, that would require self awareness.

28 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

K-Gun, my good fellow, you are spot on per usual! YE OLE has listened to Schopp since his WNSA days. There was a time when his “sports talk for smart people” (his tag line, not mine) wasn’t bad. But, over the years it’s gotten horrible.

The endless droning on about the Bachelor, candy bar drafts, politics, or whatever topic of the day is mostly nonsense. It’s fine if it’s your cup of tea, but it’s not what I want to hear about when I tune in to a sports talk station. 

Aside from that, he’s definitely rude to callers and isn’t at all appreciative for the audience he has. He makes it seem as though you’ve greatly inconvenienced him by calling his show. I think it’s all part of his shtick, but it makes me want to tune out. Bulldog seems like a nice enough fellow, but mostly takes a backseat while Schopp works over the poor soul that called in and dared express an unacceptable opinion or simply delivered it in a manner that wasn’t sufficiently eloquent for Mike.

For the most part I think people agree with these takes, but he has his supporters too who will say “then just don’t listen.” For the most part YE OLE has tuned out, but admittedly listen to some extent (usually at least Sal’s segments this time of year) because I’m unaware of other options to get bills/Sabres talk, especially for those of us out of town. If there were better options YE OLE would certainly tune him out.

Great to have you back, Cotton!

• Like (+1) 2

I dunno...this video that played right after with Chris Carter & Eric Mangini on the "First Thing's First" show said a lot of the same things. Allen is raw, didn't do much in college, and is similar to a lot of other failures at the position that were drafted high based on "potential."

Interesting watch nonetheless - 

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

He's an embarrassment to himself.  

You can say that again. Listen to the first few minutes of Schopp & Bulldog today:

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/08-20-schopp-bulldog-hour-1

Both were carrying on about how they have to make themselves watch preseason Bills games. If I was their program director and heard these two clowns admitting they don't even watch the games they have to talk about on the air, I'd have a serious meeting with them. I mean it's one thing to blow off Bills games. It's another to go on the air and brag about it! Basically admit you know nothing of what you talk about. This from "THE OFFICIAL HOME OF THE BILLS!!!" It's a freaking joke.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I just can't stand this guy.  It is one thing to be as arrogant as this guy, it is another to be as arrogant and spew nonsense on national radio like you have a clue what you are talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va92BPfqrcQ

Schopp is a hack that openly bashed the Allen pick for months.  He would have loved Lamar Jackson at 7 but bashes the Allen pick.  He is so clueless and arrogant.  "Pretty much lousy at Wyoming", what a freaking hack.  He had a 16-9 record as a starter at Wyoming.  The 3 previous seasons before that, they were a combined 11-25.  Wyoming is a perennial loser that has a few 1 and 2 win seasons sprinkled in over the last 20 years. 
Plus in their offense they run the ball a lot and when they throw, they throw deep.  It's not like the SEC where there is no defense and the QB's are throwing 40 passes a game (a lot of short screens) to Allen's 15-20 at Wyoming.  If Allen would have been in the Big 12, he would have thrown a lot more, his completion percentage would have been higher and his bad misses wouldn't have been as magnified.  Every college QB has those throws, the only reason everyone is bagging on Allen is he wasn't in an offense that threw a ton.  People see those a few highlights of his bad passes and look at this completion percentage and think well I guess he sucks.  Not realizing that actually watching the film matters. 

That's why all the scouts and top draft guru's had him going high and idiot radio personalities and uneducated fans thought he was a bust before he threw a pass at rookie camp.  That's why is completion percentage is lower.  That and he almost every team they play against has far superior talent at other positions.

I just had to post this.  Schopp saying Allen was "pretty much lousy at Wyoming just shows how clueless he is.  They were 8-3 this year when Allen was in and he was great in winning their bowl game.  Wyoming was 0-2 without Allen last season and scored 24 points in the two games without him.  Which included a loss the San Jose State Spartans (2-11) whose only other win came against Cal Poly.  Without Allen last season, the Cowboys would have been lucky to win 4 games, but Allen was "pretty much lousy at Wyoming" because one of the more famous local radio announcers has a cushy job that requires him to do almost nothing and he saw that Allen's completion percentage was below 60 so it's settled.  Is it too hard for someone who makes a living talking about sports to do a little research before they open their mouths and say something as idiotic as "pretty much lousy at Wyoming?"

I swear to God, I was about to download the radio.com app just before 3:00 today because I wanted to hear some football talk and I said to myself, you know what, these guys aren't good enough.  Man am I glad I didn't bother to do that.  I was proven right tonight when I got home and started searching youtube for videos of people talking about Allen starting and stumbled upon this. 

Pretty much lousy at Wyoming comment is at 4:16

If the guy that threw the TDs to Ray Ray and Streeter were named Josh Rosen, you would have been able to see the collective orgasmic explosion at WGR from space.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You can say that again. Listen to the first few minutes of Schopp & Bulldog today:

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/08-20-schopp-bulldog-hour-1

Both were carrying on about how they have to make themselves watch preseason Bills games. If I was their program director and heard these two clowns admitting they don't even the games they have to talk about on the air, I'd have a serious meeting with them. I mean it's one thing to blow off Bills games. It's another to go on the air and brag about it! Basically admit you know nothing of what you talk about. This from "THE OFFICIAL HOME OF THE BILLS!!!" It's a freaking joke.

Come on. Its hard work to get paid good money to watch NFL games, especially when it gets in the way of playing fortnite. 

• Haha (+1) 3