Kelly/Marino = Allen/Darnold

BigSky

Come out of your holes, you little weasel trolls and tear this apart! Hope it happens that Josh and Sam have a long rivalry like Jimbo and Danny.  Might not but after 23 years of no playoff wins it’s fun to remember the glory days and hope that history repeats itself. Oh yeah, you weasels we’re still in diapers and don’t remember?

To be honest I hope Darnold is just another USC flop. 

And then MIA continue to flounder at the QB. 

And NE not get a QB for over a decade. 

Then have Allen Dominate the AFCE with weaker QBs like Brady has enjoyed his entire career 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

More like:

Blackledge/Kelly = Darnold/Kelly (w/correct draft order)

Kelly/O'Brien = Allen/Darnold (w/out correct draft order for Allen/Darnold)

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Maybe more Kelly/Ken O'Brien.

+1

But Darnold went before Allen.  Why I think Todd Blackledge fits better.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Yep except we win 4 Super Bowls in a row ... And then some.

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... He has wheels.  Elway-esque?

Glad He went to sucky Wyoming and flew under the National Radar to an extent!

He reminds me the most of Elway , who I think is the Goat from a purely Quaterbacking perspective.

Not talking so much about if they are so much alike as QBs as Kelly and Marino but that they might be the future great QBs in the league and hopefully will develop a rivalry like Jimbo and Danno had. Would be great for the league and us Bills fans. They both have a long ways to go but evidently the Jets love Darnold so far and Josh is looking like the real deal and hopefully is the franchise QB we’ve all been waiting for since Jimbo retired. Go Bills!!!

I've been saying since Day 1 that Allen's arm reminds me of Elway's.  On one hand, I think the throws (like Elway's early days) are almost TOO strong.  On the other hand, I think of where it got Elway, and I'm pretty cool with it.  The receiving corps - present and future - are just going to have to know what they're facing with Allen on a third-and-four crossing route.

...would be cool (but not realistic) if every one of these QB kids drafted were successful, even down to perhaps Rudolph and Lauletta.....would set up some interesting head-to-head competition and matchups on any given Sunday....like the good old days (Class of '83)...

I have trouble comparing anyone to Marino in this class.  I hated Marino when he played, don't like him much as an announcer, and thought he was a huge baby on the field, but I think, despite being a Hall of Famer, he might be under-rated.

The numbers he put up in that era, without much of a running game to fall back on, with the rules back then that are no where close to favoring the passing game that they are now...pretty incredible.