MNF Announcing Crew

plenzmd1

Holy hell, Witten is just awful. And I am usually a guy who does not care much one way or tother. Booger not working either, too much obvious stuff.  He is better on the radio. 

Tesitore good though, but overall these guys are brutal. 

• Like (+1) 2

ESPN should just start all over again. Get rid of every garbage wanna be comedian and just bring back like 10-15 of the old school guys that made the channel great. I don’t know how they could get all of them back, but certainly the majority of them are still around. Get some voices back that will bring people back. They have to do something. For a huge chunk of my life, sportscenter was an every day given. Now I can barely watch anything on ESPN. It’s way to liberal, it’s way to much about social issues and taking stances. Just get it back to sports. If people want to listen to political conversation, there are plenty of other channels. Get some actual live professional sports back. Forget the regular season college basketball and baseball. Get some legit anchors back and cut out all the political garbage. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

They are both so bad. I can’t believe ESPN is going to have this crew for their 1 game a week. They have plenty of money. They should be able to get 2 better people. Monday night football is an American institution. These 2 guys should be the bottom pair on fox. 

...I vote Steven A and Obermann.........:thumbsup:

8 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Worse than Rex and Beth?

8 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I like  Beth... no one on their own worse than Rex ... so a push?

I like Beth too but she was out of her element on MNF. 

My brain just equates the sound of Beth Mowens voice to Saturday afternoon College Football

8 hours ago, Rico said:

I just listened to a little, Tasker would be an upgrade over either “Witt” or Booger. I’ll be cranking tunes with the picture on during games once again.

Holy hell, they must really suck.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

They are both so bad. I can’t believe ESPN is going to have this crew for their 1 game a week. They have plenty of money. They should be able to get 2 better people. Monday night football is an American institution. These 2 guys should be the bottom pair on fox. 

I don't think they do....they laid off some quality people in the last year

13 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Worse than Rex and Beth?

As brutal as last night was, I'm gonna give the nod to Beth and !@#$ for worst, ever.

I'm not a big Booger fan, even on the radio.  The only time I've ever enjoyed listening to him was when he and Gruden had to pretend to not hate each other's guts.  That was always fun.

13 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

ESPN should just start all over again. Get rid of every garbage wanna be comedian and just bring back like 10-15 of the old school guys that made the channel great. I don’t know how they could get all of them back, but certainly the majority of them are still around. Get some voices back that will bring people back. They have to do something. For a huge chunk of my life, sportscenter was an every day given. Now I can barely watch anything on ESPN. It’s way to liberal, it’s way to much about social issues and taking stances. Just get it back to sports. If people want to listen to political conversation, there are plenty of other channels. Get some actual live professional sports back. Forget the regular season college basketball and baseball. Get some legit anchors back and cut out all the political garbage. 

This more or less right on the money. 

They show fewer highlights.   They report on the same teams and the same players, over and over.   It's all just headlines.   They do no quality reporting.  

Take the ESPYs as an example.   The ESPYs once was a really good sports highlights show - all the highlights of the year.   It used to be fun to watch.  

I think you need training and experience in calling games live to be good at it.  Romo is the exception to the rule that you, as a former player, can just walk into the booth and be good at being a play by play analyst.   ESPN is relying on everyone being patient while they train their personnel...on the job.  

ESPN lost its way a while ago.  They are doing some things better recently.  They quit the Michael Smith/Jemele Hill tire fire.  They are allegedly bringing Berman back in for an expanded role.  Olbermann is back and he's pretty good when he's not opining about politics.  The E30 series with Jeremy Schapp is one of their long ignored strengths - the inside story on a sports topic.