Ravens will be without top CB Jimmy Smith week 1

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

The fans never liked Pees because of his bend/don't break style of defense.  They are used to and want the attack style defense from the past and think that Wink Martindale will bring some of that back.  I think the thing about Smith being out is kinda huge, but not.  Don't overlook Marlon Humphrey, who actually had a really good rookie year last year.

Smith out I think gives the Bills offense more a fighting chance where I'd say BAL is still favored but more like 55% to 45% as opposed to 60-65% where I would've put it with him healthy. And yea don't disagree on Humphrey he looked quite good.

How does it work in the NFL?  Does he have a few day deadline in order to decide to appeal?  And the appeal hearing is done within a week or something right?

Or is he able to delay his appeal plea until a day before week 1 so he'll be available for week 1?

Anyone with actual info on this please feel free to clarify

22 hours ago, corta765 said:

Yea my understanding is by the end Pees was not liked. They said the ending of the Bengals week 17 disaster was par for the course all season. Ravens defense would be doing fine and aggressive...only for the fourth quarter Pees to call very vanilla and conservative plays that went against everything their defense was doing.

Wow. I certainly understand the rage at having your Playoff hopes die on such and incredible and dramatic finish, but it was 4th & 12 from mid-field, ferchristsake! Whaddaya want? A full out blitz?? Give them everything in front of the sticks and have your LB’s drifting back at the snap. Dalton’s throw was Magic -no doubt, barely eclipsing the LBs outstretched fingers and just in front of the safety. Still should have been just a 1st down, but the charging CB wiped out the safety.

Anyway, any advantage we get, we’ll take. Conference opponents on the Road are tie-breaking games.

13 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Well just because no charges are filed yet it doesnt mean she couldn't try and petition the NFL.

LOL!  That’s not how this works. That’s not how any of his works. 

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Wow. I certainly understand the rage at having your Playoff hopes die on such and incredible and dramatic finish, but it was 4th & 12 from mid-field, ferchristsake! Whaddaya want? A full out blitz?? Give them everything in front of the sticks and have your LB’s drifting back at the snap. Dalton’s throw was Magic -no doubt, barely eclipsing the LBs outstretched fingers and just in front of the safety. Still should have been just a 1st down, but the charging CB wiped out the safety.

Anyway, any advantage we get, we’ll take. Conference opponents on the Road are tie-breaking games.

Yea I try to read as many articles on other teams and then fan comments to get their sense. I get there point of not completely leaving their scheme that works, but like you said it was a miracle play and throw.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

For what?

What path?

If the nfl finds any evidence of threatening behavior.  Considering their situation for the last year, it’s wouldnt surprise me to hear that at some point, he said some threatening things.  Not saying a threat of physical abuse, just something threatening.  That’s what they found with Smith.  Nothing physical, just threats.