Props to Coach McD

Hebert19

8 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

It happened one time. I’m not happy about it. The waitress brought me ranch on accident and then she never came back. I didn’t think anyone else saw it ...

So in other words you didn’t order bleu cheese. I’m stunned...

On 8/20/2018 at 8:47 PM, klos63 said:

I like McDermott,  but you don't need to be a rocket scientist to come up with a strategy of starting with the 3's, then the 2's, and finally the first team.

And yet, not many coaches do it that way. Many of them *might* plan it that way, but they pull the plug after the first poor series by one of the other QBs. To McD's credit, and the OP's point, he stuck to his plan. I think sometimes we fans diminish the dramatic impact of a well-informed, prepared, and strategic coach. I think we can all agree that having a phenomenal head coach (and McD has a long way to go and sustained success to prove before we can dub him that) is right there with a franchise QB in terms of importance to winning. So, Hue might have many of the same ideas as McD and other (more proven) great coaches, but it's in the doing - the execution  of their plan - that separates the great ones from the mediocre and certainly, the failures. 

Edited by BigBuff423

10 hours ago, Lfod said:

When I look at McDermott I see a coach I believe will give this team the best chance to win. I see Superbowl victory. The guy is the process because he lives it. 

I don't know if I see a Superbowl victory... there are so many variables that go into that.... but I see a guy who is going to give this team a chance to be a winner. McDermott is the best Head Coach we have had in Buffalo in my time as a fan.  I loved the hire and have seen nothing since to make me doubt him. 

On 8/20/2018 at 7:52 PM, Hebert19 said:

Whether it works out with Allen or not.  He played this very well.  Work him in with the 3s see how he does.  Throw some number 2 reps in.  See how he does.  Give him second half of game 1. See how he does.  Etc etc.  

He had a plan and is Josh sunk...he would be all in on AJ or Nate.  When he didn't.   You give him the 3rd game.  A dress rehearsal against real competition.  If he fails.  Nate is your starter.   If he doesnt. You have your QB for the next 10 years.   

Love him or hate him.  He has a plan for everything and sticks to it.  

Good luck Allen.  You may need it  

Allen has the wheels to avoid the rush, which is why they may be pushing him in there sooner as McCarron and Peterman did/will get killed behind this line.

On 8/20/2018 at 8:51 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

McD has handled the situation about as good as anyone could have asked.  He let the kid earn every rep, and most importantly, wasn't afraid to hand the kid the start this week to really evaluate his readiness.

I am certain that McD won't be afraid to go to AJ or NP week 1 either if Allen has a rough outing this week, just like I am certain McD won't be afraid to hand the kid the job week 1 if he excels again.  

I am all in on trusting the process, McD and Beane.  They have my up most confidence right now, so much so, I think Beane might be a witch.  

If he can pull of getting Mack for a low draft pick or three he will clearly be one

On 8/20/2018 at 8:47 PM, klos63 said:

I like McDermott,  but you don't need to be a rocket scientist to come up with a strategy of starting with the 3's, then the 2's, and finally the first team.

Sure, easy to say that in hindsight. But how many people wanted Allen to be named the starter right after the draft? McD doesn't let fan or media pressure away him.

From what I see, Allen was tested at every level. You could call Sunday his final exam. If he has another Cleveland-level performance, he will be the starter week 1. If he doesn't, Nate Peterman, who had a solid preseason, will be the man. 

Of course Allen is making McDermott look smart by playing well too. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:47 PM, klos63 said:

and yet the exact opposite has happened with all the young QB's the Bills have tried to bring along pre - Allen / post - Kelly.

So I'm thinking a degree in Rocket Science may have been necessary

• Like (+1) 1