Props to Coach McD

Hebert19

Whether it works out with Allen or not.  He played this very well.  Work him in with the 3s see how he does.  Throw some number 2 reps in.  See how he does.  Give him second half of game 1. See how he does.  Etc etc.  

He had a plan and is Josh sunk...he would be all in on AJ or Nate.  When he didn't.   You give him the 3rd game.  A dress rehearsal against real competition.  If he fails.  Nate is your starter.   If he doesnt. You have your QB for the next 10 years.   

Love him or hate him.  He has a plan for everything and sticks to it.  

Good luck Allen.  You may need it  

• Like (+1) 10

McD has handled the situation about as good as anyone could have asked.  He let the kid earn every rep, and most importantly, wasn't afraid to hand the kid the start this week to really evaluate his readiness.

I am certain that McD won't be afraid to go to AJ or NP week 1 either if Allen has a rough outing this week, just like I am certain McD won't be afraid to hand the kid the job week 1 if he excels again.  

I am all in on trusting the process, McD and Beane.  They have my up most confidence right now, so much so, I think Beane might be a witch.  

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Whether it works out with Allen or not.  He played this very well.  Work him in with the 3s see how he does.  Throw some number 2 reps in.  See how he does.  Give him second half of game 1. See how he does.  Etc etc.  

He had a plan and is Josh sunk...he would be all in on AJ or Nate.  When he didn't.   You give him the 3rd game.  A dress rehearsal against real competition.  If he fails.  Nate is your starter.   If he doesnt. You have your QB for the next 10 years.   

Love him or hate him.  He has a plan for everything and sticks to it.  

Good luck Allen.  You may need it  

44 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Exactly.  Whatever the F that is  

You sound mad, bro.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

McD has handled the situation about as good as anyone could have asked.  He let the kid earn every rep, and most importantly, wasn't afraid to hand the kid the start this week to really evaluate his readiness.

I am certain that McD won't be afraid to go to AJ or NP week 1 either if Allen has a rough outing this week, just like I am certain McD won't be afraid to hand the kid the job week 1 if he excels again.  

I am all in on trusting the process, McD and Beane.  They have my up most confidence right now, so much so, I think Beane might be a witch.  

It kind of worked out perfect for them. They did the right thing and then Josh did his thing to win the job in front of his teammates. It helped that they got three out of four good  showings by Peterout and McCarron. 

8 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I like McDermott,  but you don't need to be a rocket scientist to come up with a strategy of starting with the 3's, then the 2's, and finally the first team.

Hue Jackson, rocket scientist.

Edited by HappyDays

Props to Coach McD on being the most annoying kind of person.  According to that one person, in that one thread... ?

Seriously though, smart way to bring along a young QB while evaluating both "vets".  Split the 1st team reps, while the rookie learns the ropes and gains respect from his teammates.  Then in the "dress rehearsal" game, give him the whole week of practice (I would hope - it will only improve his chances at success, which I'm guessing coach wants), then let 'er rip!

I can't wait for a PRESEASON game - amazing! ?

• Like (+1) 1

When I look at McDermott I see a coach I believe will give this team the best chance to win. I see Superbowl victory. The guy is the process because he lives it. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

Going into the season, I was concerned that they did not have the coaches on staff to develop a rookie QB as well as a 2nd year QB. The good play of JA & NP so far has given me some confidence that our coaches are effectively teaching the position. Allen & Peterman are both much improved from their versions last year. Hopefully the trend continues upward. 

Edited by Andy1
  • Like (+1) 1

He's just a focused individual that is rooted in principles.  He seems like a very structured person.  He's got a plan and he believes it, so the players believe in him.  I would imagine the players view him as reliable.  

The team last year believed in each other - it's one of the hardest things to get that many personalities to do.