MNF Preseason Tilt: Ravens vs. Colts at 8 PM ET on ESPN

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No reason why he should have since he got 1st round money and he can take time to develop without risking injury at Louisville playing for free. 

The issue is I dont think they are going to take time to properly allow him to develop. I mean after all there are reports out of their camp of him lining up at WR during camp as well

Andrew Luck 'sort of happy to get sacked' by Suggs

A jittery Andrew Luck, by his own admission, did not play "very well" in Monday night's preseason tilt versus the Baltimore Ravens. The performance was a reminder that the chemistry and magic won't return simply by osmosis after more than a year away from football.

While the stats are pedestrian -- 6-of-13 passing for 50 yards, an interception and two sacks -- and he continues to take easy throws, not showing off the deep ball or sideline darts, there were flashes of the old Luck.

Perhaps the biggest test the 28-year-old can pass this preseason is getting hit and popping back up. Particularly encouraging was Luck landing on his right elbow during a sack by Ravens pass rusher Terrell Suggs.

"I told someone after the game, 'I'm sort of happy to get sacked by Suggs, a legit sack,'" Luck said after the game, via ESPN's Mike Wells. "I landed on my right elbow sort of reminiscent of how I injured my shoulder a couple of years ago [in Week 3 of the 2015 season]. I didn't feel anything. Didn't give it a second thought. That's a big deal for me, being able to lose that thought bubble."

If Joe Flacco felt pressure to perform a month ago, it's all but dissipated. The veteran has looked stellar with a revamped offensive cast around him. His main competition, first-round rookie Lamar Jackson, meanwhile has struggled to make the transition.

Through three preseason appearances, Jackson has flashed some playmaking ability, but overall, he's struggled as a passer.

"I don't feel like I've performed at a high level yet," Jackson said following Monday night's win over the Indianapolis Coltsvia ESPN's Jamison Hensley.

Jackson's Monday night debut started off agonizingly slow. The rookie led three three-and-outs, completing zero of his four passes, and taking a sack. He finished the night 7-of-15 passing for 49 yards with one TD pass and 26 yards rushing.

12 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Poster boy for college skill set not translating to the pros. Said it a while back before the draft I wanted nothing to do with him.

Mike Schoop thought I'd was unconscionable that Allen would be selected over Jackson.

I was a champion of Lamar Jackson before the draft (I also liked Allen, Mayfield, and Darnold so I dont feel too bad

VERY glad right now that we did not take Lamar Jackson at this point.....it isnt because he is not a good passer.....I really expected to see a player that would run away from NFL defenders.  It looks to me like defensive linemen are chasing him down.

Bills front office smart cookies nowadays