Josh Allen to start Sunday

FluffHead

17 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

They didn't announce the starters until right before kickoff in the earlier games; for this to happen so suddenly does bode well for his week 1 chances. 

Put Groy in there and make Ducasse on a very short leash (aka Teller taking over soon enough) and I'll be happier.

With the game being on a Sunday, word is McProcess wanted it to be a "normal" week.  That's from Rodak on ESPN Radio as Shefter's tweet was coming out.

I'll pop this in the other thread if I don't see it, but on SC Mort said no break for McC. When the host asked what is it then Mort and Shefter said simultaneously "a bruise."

Edited by Cripple Creek

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Excellent move by the Bills,  give him 3 quarters and move forward.  Peterman is a loser choice,  the guy should have be released after throwing 5 pics in one half last season.  We need to get the Allen area started and no time better then now.  Even if he has developing so so rookie year,  the Bills are in great shape cap wise to surround him with better talent next season.  I still think they could use an proven outside speed burner who can stretch the field.  This alone will open up our running game.

I don't know why it hasn't occurred to you, or anybody else in this country, that you could be for something and not hate and disparage the other thing. There is a middle ground. Peterman's going to be in this league long time my friend and I hope it's with the Bills in a Reich-like mode.

• Like (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

Hopefully a good back up QB

Still wouldnt be shocked if Peterman starts the season, but if this is a true competition, Allen has to get his start with the 1st team. If he impresses this Sunday, I'm all for starting him in the regular season. If he has a bad game, then maybe he's not ready 

• Like (+1) 1

Well, I predicted it, so I can't say I'm shocked by it.  I think it is the right thing to do regardless of whether or not Allen starts against Baltimore.  If this is a true open competition as we've been led to believe it is, Josh Allen needed to have a crack at playing another team's top defensive players with the Bills' top offensive players in the huddle with him.  I also predicted he and Peterman would alternate quarters and Peterman would get his crack with the starters int he second quarter.  We'll see if that pans out.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

This game is live TV again, no? NFL shows it on FOX, but it's only one of two Sunday games, so I'm hoping...

Yes, this game will be LIVE on FOX Sunday.

I can't remember when I've been so excited for a preseason game. If Allen delivers, he's the starter against Baltimore. It's that simple.

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

I don't know why it hasn't occurred to you, or anybody else in this country, that you could be for something and not hate and disparage the other thing. There is a middle ground. Peterman's going to be in this league long time my friend and I hope it's with the Bills in a Reich-like mode.

Too short and noddle arm,  hey maybe you're right.  No big deal,  i never said i hated the guy i just don't see it with him

I'm curious as to why the bills announced this? Not that it's a bad thing, but they were so secretive the last few weeks. Now they're announcing it on Monday? I almost wonder if it's to see how Allen handles the hype. Obviously it'll be talked about all week in the media and I'm sure at some point allen will talk to the media. This seems like a McDermott test 

Edited by Steptide
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Steptide said:

I'm curious as to why the bills announced this? Not that it's a bad thing, but they were so secretive the last few weeks. Now they're announcing it on Monday? 

I think there's a lot of merit as to what @Foxx said earlier. They're treating it as a normal week, being the 3rd preseason game and all, and on a normal week you know exactly who you're playing against and vice versa. I think they want as close to a regular-season atmosphere for Allen this week as possible.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

The Ravens led the NFL in interceptions last year. Peterman's slow velocity ball almost cost him a pick six vs the Browns. Peterman's physical limitations simply does not pass the eyeball test vs the Ravens "ball hawk" defense.

If the Bills have any thoughts of going back to the playoffs, that Raven's game is a practically one of those "must win" games for them because it's winnable with Allen starting. I just would not any chance of them winning with Peterman.

We shall see how this plays out.

Thanks. Getting a bit lost in the hysteria of AllenTime is the season. All the pundits suggest no playoffs and a losing record, emphasizing the challenging 1st month. Yes, B’more & SD are our 1st 2 games, both against Conference teams. Winning them could very likely result in a 9 Win season, 10 if we beat an NFCN team. There’s really no debate who the best QB is, so play the best players from the get-go.

I'll throw this out there...  I wonder if this was the plan all along.  Peterman got start 1 (did a solid job really).  AJ got start 2 (did about as horrible as you could short of 5 picks).  Allen is getting the start in game 3.

I don't think he's penciled in as anything more than the preseason game 3 starter at this point - but if (when) he continues to play well, then there's no reason for them to hold him back. I am (was) firmly in the camp of start someone else and let him develop a bit from the sideline...  but he showed a lot in Cleveland - poise, leadership, and skills.

Peterman did an OK job running the 3rd string - but not really demonstrably better than Allen did week 1 and if he was the consensus starter, he should have capitalized on that.  So kudos to the coaching staff for giving Allen his opportunity.  Now it's up to him to make it real.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2