Josh Allen to start Sunday

FluffHead

18 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I wasn't as down on EJ as a lot of others he just wasn't very good at anything. He did make some nice plays at times but I thought he got nervous in the pocket and when guys were in his face and that was one of his major downfalls. 

I was at the Ravens home game his rookie year when Baltimore was defending Champs.  He played very well including a 50 yard bomb and to fellow rookie rookie Robert Woods.  I the second half on the 5 yard line he made one of the best ball fakes I've ever seen a and delivered s perfect pass but Lee Smith tripped over his own feet. Next play he hit Woods onES for TD but on further review Booger said he didn't maintain control of the process of some such nonsense.

My point is just that he started really well even though he had Hackett Jr as OC/QB coach. Under better circumstances he may have turned out. It was a disservice. 

On 8/20/2018 at 6:50 PM, kirkwoodus13 said:

Yes I do believe Peterman is the better player right now. He looks to have command of the offense right now. Of course Allen has the better arm, but I feel Peterman quick decision making is better right now, especially behind an shaky offensive that just got a QB INJURED. I don't know if this wise right now. If ALLEN gets hurt on Sunday then what?

We're on to Baltimore. Game four pre season will be all wildcat by rb's.

On 8/20/2018 at 7:58 PM, Zerovotlz said:

Been fun watching the Josh Allen experience you have going on.

I've been on record from the beginning saying the kid wouldn't succeed.  I haven't changed my mind about that.

Of all the QB situations where there is a high rookie pick, Buffalo is the one where the kid you drafted was pretty much the best QB on the roster the second his name was called at the draft.  Besides being on record about Allen, I am also quoted throughout this place saying McCarron and Peterson are known commodities of below average nobodies.  

I still hope Allen succeeds.  I can't help but think that every fan base is too critical or too optimistic about pre season football.  I think this applies to Allen as well.  No one is game planning against him.  He is known to have a hard time with making reads.  He is known to struggle under pressure.

The kid has a great arm...everyone knew it from the beginning.  He can really sling that ball...and there will be some times when that arm overcomes a bad read etc...

I will remain skeptical of Allen until I have seen him perform against a D that is actually playing their scheme with their starters, gameplanning and all that.  

Ryan Leaf had some incredible pre seasons....articles were written about how the Colts had screwed up the pick...all based on a few preseason games.  Be Wary.

Wow that's a lot of waffling. Especially on another teams board. What's the KC board you regularly post on? Oh wait you don't even post on a KC board lol bye bye.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Predicting outcome of QB battles: Sam Darnold the pick for Jets

With the first regular season game of the 2018 season a little more than two weeks away, some high-profile quarterback competitions will soon be wrapping up. Former NFL QB David Carr reveals his predicted winner for four such battles (teams listed in alphabetical order).

Buffalo Bills
QB1 competition: Josh Allen vs. AJ McCarron vs. Nathan Peterman.

Projected Week 1 starter: Allen.

Analysis: I picked Allen to be the starter way back during OTAs. I'm sticking with that prediction based on what I've seen so far in the preseason. McCarron is day to day with the shoulder injury he suffered against the Browns. It remains to be seen how much time he'll miss, but the injury is certainly a setback. Peterman, who reminds me of Trevor Siemian, doesn't excite me much when he's on the field. Allen has earned the starting job in Sunday's "dress rehearsal" against the Bengals after displaying some big-play ability and athleticism his first two times out. His talent far outweighs Peterman's and he makes any throw from the pocket look easy. I've only seen two other quarterbacks who make a 5-yard "dink and dunk" toss and a 60-yard missile look the same -- Aaron Rodgers and Dan Marino. Allen has that same ability to make any throw look effortless and can rip the ball all over the field.

When a Bills QB would get sacked on 2nd down and it's 3rd and 15, most of the time we'd run and punt. With Allen he can make that throw with almost no effort. Imagine being a DC having to worry about 50 yards of field to defend on every play? I doubt you'll hear anyone say "We forced Allen be a QB." :lol:

Edited by PromoTheRobot

29 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

Wow that's a lot of waffling. Especially on another teams board. What's the KC board you regularly post on? Oh wait you don't even post on a KC board lol bye bye.

Best Chiefs board is ChiefsPlanet. It makes Brietbart and InfoWars look like the Huffington Post. Astounding to see. 

Edited by Domdab99
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Best Chiefs board is ChiefsPlanet. It makes Brietbart and InfoWars look like the Huffington Post. Astounding to see. 

Alright but have you seen Zerovotlz on it? Seems he only posts here which is a little weird given the man love Mahomes.

18 hours ago, Figster said:

The way I see it John, all the negativity on Allen including from the Bills fan base all helped bring Josh Allen to Buffalo in my humble opinion.

Without it Josh Allen in all likelihood ends up in Cleveland IMO.

Thank you Negative Nancy's

Come on, let’s be real here...We all know now  the Bills were the team that leaked the info about those tweets. I feel like everyone other then Josh Allen, probably assumes the Bills did it so he would fall to them. 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Come on, let’s be real here...We all know now  the Bills were the team that leaked the info about those tweets. I feel like everyone other then Josh Allen, probably assumes the Bills did it so he would fall to them. 

...Come on, lets be real here...

...We had to take drastic measures...

This game is Must Watch TV. Not just for ‘the Future’, but the Andy Dalton angle. If it were a local broadcast (either team), I think there’d only be momentary comments between plays from substandard homer announcers. But nationally on FoxSports, I’m expecting significant coverage of details and the fan response as it makes for a great, ‘feel good story’ the nation would eat up! jmo.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Give that fat **** a garbage plate

Is that a WNY thing? My cousins by Rochester swear by them. And they are absolutely right.. it is perfect 3am drunk food.

I've been doing paleo garbage plates on my diet.  One of the few things i like to make - and it mostly captures the flavor

I think he's still undecided, but I think this game means everything.  If Allen does well, there is no way they start Peterman, or frenzied fans with torches and pitchforks will show up at the stadium.  I think it's pretty clear.  This is Allen's final exam.  If he shows the right stuff and doesn't crumble under pressure, I think he wins the QB battle right then and there.  I also think McD didn't expect it.  Start with 3rd string, start with 2nd string...I think the original plan was expecting Allen to falter at some point.  He hasn't.  So, this is it.  The big one.

• Like (+1) 2