Bills' Preseason Week 3 Media Guide, Depth Chart, and Game Notes

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Cordy Glenn when properly healthy isn't just a bit good. He is really, really good. 

And there's the rub. You can have Larry Allen and Anthony Munoz on each side and it won't mean a lick if their on the sidelines watching. Football is not a sport of patience especially when a player has already made their money. You don't perform, you're out! Next man up.

The Official Website of the Buffalo Bills

SCHEDULE

11:00 a.m. Abbott Road closes
12:00 p.m. Parking lots open
2:30 p.m. Stadium gates open
2:50 p.m. Player warm-ups
3:50 p.m. Stampede performance
3:55 p.m. Team introductions
4:00 p.m. Kickoff

DETAILS

Gate Giveaway: Sunglasses provided by Independent Health
Leader of the Charge: Billy Buffalo
National Anthem: Trina Vargas
Pregame: Play Football Ceremony
Halftime: Youth Football Scrimmages

KIDS DAY

The Bills will welcome the Cincinnati Bengals to New Era Field for team’s 17th Kids Day Game presented by Independent Health.

The Billevard will be open from 12:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. and will give young Bills fans the chance to have fun before the game! Families can enjoy entertainment that will include a caricature artist, airbrush tattoos, Bills-themed haircuts, DJ MILK and a special performance by the STAMPEDE.

The Kids Day menu will include $2 hot dogs, Pepsi products and water.

21 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh yea, with the injuries, the emergence of Dawkins and the need to move up in the draft I get the trade - absolutely. I just continue to believe he was horribly underrated by most Bills fans. When he was healthy he was easily a top 10 left tackle. Somewhere between 6th and 10th. 

Nah it was his inability to stay healthy the last few seasons.... which affected his play and took him out of the top 10 LT's in the league. His play dropped very noticeably the last 2 years due to injury situations... Then Dawkins looked good coming in and was cheaper.. It was just the way the cards fell for Cordy here. 

Edited by ddaryl

13 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...probably another OTAG senior moment spasm....but....I think this kid's humility/respect for the game, his demonstrated work ethic to get far better than previously advertised at the collegiate level, diligently accepting his assignment to work regularly with " the threes" with NO fine whine adds up first in respect from vets before we talk about his scrambling ability as a big kid and "the arm"......if I'm wrong, I'll take the hit.....

I think you are correct on all of this...I also believe these players see how talented he is and how he is the best QB on the roster

On 8/21/2018 at 7:56 AM, GunnerBill said:

Oh yea, with the injuries, the emergence of Dawkins and the need to move up in the draft I get the trade - absolutely. I just continue to believe he was horribly underrated by most Bills fans. When he was healthy he was easily a top 10 left tackle. Somewhere between 6th and 10th. 

Not by me....HATED to see him go.

I still have visions of what bookends Dawkins and Glenn could have looked like on this team

Injuries doe....injuries

Quick Hits: Allen's start Sunday rooted in QB plan and routine

It didn’t take long for questions to be asked of Bills head coach Sean McDermott as to why the decision to start Josh Allen in Sunday’s preseason game against Cincinnati was made so early in the week. McDermott had a couple of key reasons.

“We’ll still sticking for the most part with our evaluation and our plan,” said McDermott with respect to the quarterback competition. “As far as announcing it (early), we really want him to go through a routine of what it would be like in a normal regular season week of dealing with the potential distractions and all that goes with the quarterback position and learning how to balance that.

McCarron back practicing but limited
Five days after it was feared that AJ McCarron had suffered a shoulder injury that could keep him sidelined indefinitely, the quarterback will be back practicing with his teammates, albeit on a limited basis.

“We’ll just see how he does,” said McDermott. “He does have some shoulder soreness. We’ll see how he progresses through the day.”

Simple answer for signing of P Jon Ryan
He’s been an accomplished punter in the league for more than decade. That was more than enough reason for the Bills to sign free agent Jon Ryan on Tuesday.

“Any time there is a good player out there… Brandon (Beane) and his staff do a good job always looking for good players,” said McDermott. “We had a chance to sign a good player, it just so happened to be at the punter position. We had an injury with Cory [Carter] unfortunately last week.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

McDermott wants Allen to go through full week routine of being the starting QB

While Sean McDermott maintains the quarterback competition is still ongoing, there is at least one aspect of it that’s different this week than had been the previous month since training camp began.

Fans and media know Josh Allen will get the start in the next game far more in advance than previous games, and Allen will get plenty of reps with the first-unit offense as he prepares to start Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals.  The team had been rotating QBs who work with the ones on an almost daily basis so far, and although McDermott stopped short of saying Allen will get all of the first-team reps, he did indicate that the rookie will get plenty of opportunity to prepare as a starter normally would in a regular season week.

CENTER BATTLE
In another position battle, McDermott said Ryan Groy will get the start at center this week, but that he and Russell Bodine are still battling for that spot and that it is still wide open.

INJURY UPDATE
DT Kyle Williams (knee) - week-to-week
S Kelcie McCray (hamstring) - did not practice
RB LeSean McCoy (groin/hip) - day-to-day
DE Trent Murphy (groin) - day-to-day
LT Dion Dawkins (hip) - day-to-day
QB AJ McCarron (shoulder) - limited