Bills' Preseason Week 3 Media Guide, Depth Chart, and Game Notes

Josh Allen to start Buffalo Bills' third preseason game

Josh Allen is one step closer to being named the Buffalo Bills' Week 1 starter.

The team announced on Monday that the rookie quarterback will start Buffalo's all-important third preseason game against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday.

This will be Allen's first start as a pro. The strong-armed rookie was the third quarterback to play in Buffalo's first preseason game and the second to play in last week's contest.

The news comes days after quarterback AJ McCarron injured his shoulder during Buffalo's exhibition against Cleveland. McCarron was pulled for Allen just four series into Friday's game after suffering what was reportedly a fractured collarbone.

However, further tests revealed that McCarron did not suffer a hairline fracture, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport clarified Monday. The fifth-year quarterback is day-to-day and is expected to return to practice when the soreness in his shoulder goes away.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Cordy Glenn when properly healthy isn't just a bit good. He is really, really good. 

Yeah. I hated to see him go, but he was a means to an end that resulted in the Bills drafting Allen.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yeah. I hated to see him go, but he was a means to an end that resulted in the Bills drafting Allen.

Oh yea, with the injuries, the emergence of Dawkins and the need to move up in the draft I get the trade - absolutely. I just continue to believe he was horribly underrated by most Bills fans. When he was healthy he was easily a top 10 left tackle. Somewhere between 6th and 10th. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh yea, with the injuries, the emergence of Dawkins and the need to move up in the draft I get the trade - absolutely. I just continue to believe he was horribly underrated by most Bills fans. When he was healthy he was easily a top 10 left tackle. Somewhere between 6th and 10th. 

Very good when healthy absolutely. The Bengals likely insisted on Glenn being in the deal as they really missed Andrew Whitworth last year after his departure via UFA to the Rams.. 

Fox analyst Davis gets to assess Allen's footwork improvement on Sunday

Fox is sending play-by-play man Kevin Burkhardt, analyst Charles Davis and old friend Pam Oliver to cover the game. Well before she established herself as a top sideline reporter, Oliver was an anchor and reporter at WIVB-TV (Channel 4).

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He had a very rough season during Maroon's first year, because our head coach, who was an Offensive Line genius, benched Kraig Urbik in favor of Cyril Richardson.

From that moment on, Bills fans constantly complained at how Glenn sucked. Which was unfair, because he was playing both Left Tackle & Left Guard at the SAME TIME!

From that year on, Bills fans constantly ragged on Glenn. Too bad, he was one of our best offensive linemen.

I have no regrets in trading him, but I never had a problem with him while he was here. All the "experts" said he could only be a Guard in the NFL. Good call.

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

He had a very rough season during Maroon's first year, because our head coach, who was an Offensive Line genius, benched Kraig Urbik in favor of Cyril Richardson.

From that moment on, Bills fans constantly complained at how Glenn sucked. Which was unfair, because he was playing both Left Tackle & Left Guard at the SAME TIME!

From that year on, Bills fans constantly ragged on Glenn. Too bad, he was one of our best offensive linemen.

I have no regrets in trading him, but I never had a problem with him while he was here. All the "experts" said he could only be a Guard in the NFL. Good call.

That was Marrone's 2nd year - but yep. And that was also the year he had surgery on his liver right before the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bills Today: Allen earning respect, trust from vets

1 – Allen earning respect, trust from vets

2 – TE battle rages on

3 – This Bills RB is getting national recognition

...probably another OTAG senior moment spasm....but....I think this kid's humility/respect for the game, his demonstrated work ethic to get far better than previously advertised at the collegiate level, diligently accepting his assignment to work regularly with " the threes" with NO fine whine adds up first in respect from vets before we talk about his scrambling ability as a big kid and "the arm"......if I'm wrong, I'll take the hit.....