Really surprised not more talk about Harrison

Alphadawg7

Im little surprised not more excitement and talk about Harrison Phillips getting to move into the starting lineup.  I know it’s a bummer that Kyle hurt his knee to create this opportunity, but man I am very excited about this kid, almost as much as Edmunds, and can’t wait to see this kid this week play with the starters.

Ive been very impressed with him so far and very much excited to him start this week.

He has been outstanding.  I think he was misused at Stanford or not up to his potential, the Bills are discovering he can be a penetrating DT and cause havoc in the backfield instead of just standing his ground.  I saw him run down a scat back in the Carolina game about 12 yards downfield.  I think he is going to be a steal just like K Williams was as a 5th rd pick.

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He has been outstanding.  I think he was misused at Stanford or not up to his potential, the Bills are discovering he can be a penetrating DT and cause havoc in the backfield instead of just standing his ground.  I saw him run down a scat back in the Carolina game about 12 yards downfield.  I think he is going to be a steal just like K Williams was as a 5th rd pick.

Misused?  Have you seen his stats/tape?

• Like (+1) 1

McDermott said in his press conference yesterday he kind of shelved Phillips when Kyle got hurt as a precaution.   Now I don't know if there is a greater complement McDermott could give than that, obviously he thinks enough of Phillips that he believes if Kyle goes down, Phillips is the guy, no development, no learning curve.  

Kind of how Kyle just kind of came in and started playing all those years ago.   

I don't think people are less excited, but Phillips didn't play much vs Cleveland, for good reason.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im little surprised not more excitement and talk about Harrison Phillips getting to move into the starting lineup.  I know it’s a bummer that Kyle hurt his knee to create this opportunity, but man I am very excited about this kid, almost as much as Edmunds, and can’t wait to see this kid this week play with the starters.

Ive been very impressed with him so far and very much excited to him start this week.

The local media loves him...he gets his props.

• Like (+1) 1

I think we might be better off rotating Kyle in for Star and Harry, then vice versa.  

Kyle still brings a ton of value as a DT in a rotation.

Bringing a rested Kyle in on passing downs could supercharge the pass rush. 

Edited by SCBills

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

....same here 'Dawg...guy has been outstanding...another "Kyle Find" despite being 2 rounds earlier.............

Just now, joesixpack said:

Amish Electric Company going down this year.

The Third Wavers are under new(ish) management.

We will outwork you.  We plow the fields, feed the horses, collect the eggs, and milk the cows before you even set your Sunday fantasy lineup.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

We will outwork you.  We plow the fields, feed the horses, collect the eggs, and milk the cows before you even set your Sunday fantasy lineup.

No you won't. Because we'll be there, en masse, with vagina costumes at the ready. Protesting your inhumane treatment of horses. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Just now, joesixpack said:

No you won't. Because we'll be there, en masse, with vagina costumes at the ready. Protesting your inhumane treatment of horses. Yeah, that's the ticket.

No match for our handcrafted bows and arrows.  

54 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

McDermott said in his press conference yesterday he kind of shelved Phillips when Kyle got hurt as a precaution.   Now I don't know if there is a greater complement McDermott could give than that, obviously he thinks enough of Phillips that he believes if Kyle goes down, Phillips is the guy, no development, no learning curve.  

Kind of how Kyle just kind of came in and started playing all those years ago.   

I don't think people are less excited, but Phillips didn't play much vs Cleveland, for good reason.

Caught this as well. He’s a keeper. If, as expected, T. Edmunds & Allen shine and Teller, Ray-Ray & Siran make the roster, it should have long-lasting positive results

39 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

If we’re being honest here, Kyle hasn’t been the same player for a while. Hopefully Phillips can be a good replacement 

This is the biggest reason I think there’s little chat about him. Most don’t want Kyle replaced, but the the time is nigh and Harry is the Man