Andrew Luck excuse thread 2018

I really don’t get the hate on Andrew Luck.

Has he lived up to his hype so far in his career? No but he’s still a good quarterback.

You think more people would realize that after he missed last year and the colts were one of the worst teams in the league without him.

The Colts have virtually no supporting cast around him outside of TY Hilton

4 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I really don’t get the hate on Andrew Luck.

Has he lived up to his hype so far in his career? No but he’s still a good quarterback.

You think more people would realize that after he missed last year and the colts were one of the worst teams in the league without him.

The Colts have virtually no supporting cast around him outside of TY Hilton

And they've been that way for somewhere around 15 years. Peyton Manning tricked us into thinking guys like Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie could play. Who knows what wouldve become of Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne had he not showed up.

16 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

And they've been that way for somewhere around 15 years. Peyton Manning tricked us into thinking guys like Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie could play. Who knows what wouldve become of Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne had he not showed up.

Very true

I wouldn't hit the panic button on Luck just yet. He has looked so so in camp and pretty ass in pre-season. But it's only half way through pre-season and he is coming off of a major injury. But If we are in week 7 and Luck still looks horrible it is cause for serious concern. 

16 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Bill Simmons does a funny impression of Luck as Andre the Giant.

this is also one of the best twitter follows:  https://mobile.twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck

also, I’m totally taking Luck as my 2nd QB in fantasy. 

Yes, I was just going to mention the Capt Andrew Luck twitter feed.  It's a must follow for NFL fans.

8 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I wouldn't hit the panic button on Luck just yet. He has looked so so in camp and pretty ass in pre-season. But it's only half way through pre-season and he is coming off of a major injury. But If we are in week 7 and Luck still looks horrible it is cause for serious concern. 

That's the spirit.  He gets half a season to have excused suckiness and still be the greatest draft prospect of all time.  And this after a full year of European treatments.

11 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

That's the spirit.  He gets half a season to have excused suckiness and still be the greatest draft prospect of all time.  And this after a full year of European treatments.

I don't know why you have this hard on against Andrew Luck. You can say Luck was/is overrated and that he probably hasn't lived up to his draft status. I think that is an arguable point although his 2014 and 2016 seasons were legit great and he has been at least above average in the 3 other seasons he played. Luck's resume is pretty solid even if you feel others have overrated him (although you could place the blame more so on the Colts inability to surround him with talent.)

My point was that Luck is coming off an injury serious enough to have him miss an entire season. Luck hasn't played in just under 2 years. Luck didn't even get any off-season training in during the 2017 off-season. So for a player coming off that serious of an injury playing in a new system to look rusty is understandable given the circumstances. 

If Luck gets deeper into the regular season and looks hurt then you really know something could be wrong. But a guy in his circumstances looking rusty in pre-season doesn't mean the guy is going to be a complete failure.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I don't know why you have this hard on against Andrew Luck. You can say Luck was/is overrated and that he probably hasn't lived up to his draft status. I think that is an arguable point although his 2014 and 2016 seasons were legit great and he has been at least above average in the 3 other seasons he played. Luck's resume is pretty solid even if you feel others have overrated him (although you could place the blame more so on the Colts inability to surround him with talent.)

My point was that Luck is coming off an injury serious enough to have him miss an entire season. Luck hasn't played in just under 2 years. Luck didn't even get any off-season training in during the 2017 off-season. So for a player coming off that serious of an injury playing in a new system to look rusty is understandable given the circumstances. 

If Luck gets deeper into the regular season and looks hurt then you really know something could be wrong. But a guy in his circumstances looking rusty in pre-season doesn't mean the guy is going to be a complete failure.

I didn't criticize him for looking rusty in preseason.  I merely gave a tip of the cap for a half a season's worth of excusing in advance.

And I think Luck is a good dude.  I don't have any problem with him.  I just find the 1984 type treatment he gets very odd.

On 8/20/2018 at 1:36 PM, 4merper4mer said:

I don't know that I would call him bad.  He was simply supposed to be the greatest player drafted in 50 years.  He has not been anything approaching that but the narrative cannot be changed.

Kim Jung QB must not be criticized.

One QB has been drafted since Luck who also has played in the AFCCG.

Only one QB has been drafted since Luck has made the NFCCG.

46 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I didn't criticize him for looking rusty in preseason.  I merely gave a tip of the cap for a half a season's worth of excusing in advance.

And I think Luck is a good dude.  I don't have any problem with him.  I just find the 1984 type treatment he gets very odd.

Is it really an excuse or just a time table of expectations based off of his injury history? I think that taking those factors into consideration you can lessen the need for panic until you get deeper into the season. It's not like Andrew Luck tore his ACL or some other injury in week 1 of 2017 where he at least got a full off-season's worth of training in and then came back during OTA's. Luck's injury was serious enough where he didn't do any football activities until this years training camp. 

It's possible he won't ever be the same QB he once was. But he is likely to take some time to come back to form if he is on the comeback trail. I don't know what 1984 type treatment you are talking about but if you are saying he gets over hyped then you have an argument but my points were more so just taking into account the type of injury he had and the possible time table for him to give you enough of a sample size to know how well he is coming back.