Little known places you like

Another Fan

I was at the most southern point of New York State recently in Tottenville Staten Island.  Nice place.  There’s a beach and park there and usually no one really around.  Being the state extends out to the Buffalo area, I thought that was pretty cool.  That’s my inner nerd talking.  

Anyone have any?  Try keeping it PG-13 well try..?

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I was at the most southern point of New York State recently in Tottenville Staten Island.  Nice place.  There’s a beach and park there and usually no one really around.  Being the state extends out to the Buffalo area, I thought that was pretty cool.  That’s my inner nerd talking.  

Anyone have any?  Try keeping it PG-13 well try..?

Carolina Beach, NC.

13 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

A place we used to go hiking on Long Hill Road in Scipio Center, NY.  Was private posted land, but we never had any problems.  Two giant waterfalls and a beautiful swimming hole.  Did a lot of hallucinogens there.

How do you pronounce Scipio in Scipio Center?

Is the "c" silent or is it pronounced like a "k" sound?

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

In NYS? We were in Skaneateles this past week and will be heading back soon. What a cute little touristy town (that I dropped a chunk of change in while shopping)!

Skaneateles is very nice.  I’m from a neighboring town, Auburn (not nearly as nice).  We try to hit up Rosalie’s, The Sherwood, and Doug’s fish fry as much as possible.  I think the Clintons and Derek Jeter still have vacation homes there.

• Like (+1) 1