How Many Rushing Yards Will McCoy Get This Season?

Gugny

McCoy's 2018-2019 Rushing Yards  

78 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Rushing Yards Will McCoy Get This Season?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2018 at 01:55 PM

29 minutes ago, mrags said:

Always with the pessimism I see 

Realism.

30-year-old RBs, historically, have not done well in the NFL.  Especially ones with bad groins.

I'm a big McCoy fan.  However, his age (Ivory's even older) concerns me.  I like Cadet and Murphy a lot and I think our run game will be just fine.

So I'm optimistic about our running game; just not optimistic about the two old farts.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Not a troll post.  I voted 301-500.

I don't like the word assume for obvious reasons...but I'm guessing your numbers are based on Ducasse starting at LG all year long.That won't be the case....Wyatt is the new hip name in b-lo now...if your planning on having another nug..be a name to think about.Production/Producing/Productivity=Wyatt.He has just over 30 live minutes of pro football in his gut/back pocket,during that time,we have scored 23 offensive points.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

I don't like the word assume for obvious reasons...but I'm guessing your numbers are based on Ducasse starting at LG all year long.That won't be the case....Wyatt is the new hip name in b-lo now...if your planning on having another nug..be a name to think about.Production/Producing/Productivity=Wyatt.He has just over 30 live minutes of pro football in his gut/back pocket,during that time,we have scored 23 offensive points.

My numbers are actually based on McCoy being old and hobbled.  I think he'll miss multiple games.

3 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I went with the 701-900 option for a few reasons.

1. Preseason soft tissue injuries can sometimes linger and have a negative impact all year.

2. We havr a few games this season wherr I would expect we will need to throw the ball more. I can see a few games where his impact is as a receiver in come back mode as opposed to a rusher.

3. Murphy. Yea, I'll be that guy. If Murphy keeps up the way he did at the end of last year and through camp and preseason he will have earned a few extra touches a game. Some may come at the expense of Ivory but (especially if the groin issue does linger) I can see him cutting into Shadys workload by the end of the year. Not by tons, but enough to cost McCoy 100-200 yards on the season.

Ivory may be getting the scraps- McCoy, Murphy, Ivory in that order. 

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

I picked 701-900 yards because I think the Bills' OL sucks only slightly less at run blocking than it sucks at pass protection.

O line seems like the biggest ‘?’

Line was very good at running last year, they lost 40% of there starters, but top 2...

I guess Dawkins filled Glenn’s spot ok, so we will see if he can continue that, but I think it’s clear they lost 3 of their top 5 guys over all and have only comparably replace one as far as we’ve seen.   

7 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Ivory may be getting the scraps- McCoy, Murphy, Ivory in that order. 

Scraps, yes. But I fully believe Ivory will have a role on this offense. Look at how NE uses their backs. We Will be running an offense much like that I believe. Yes, we have the crown jewel in McCoy that can,handle both roles as early down and 3 down back, but I believe Ivory will work near the goal line, short yardage and other role specific areas. 

i think he can get over 1,000 rushing yards, and maybe 1,500 all purpose yards. he has great hands and vision, and still has that quickness, agility, and elusiveness...even if he doesn't have that blazing speed. if Allen looks like he is the guy, good luck stacking the box. that whole "make him be a qb" thing will be but a memory. if this offense is going to be a modern day offense, then shady could rip off some huge chunks of yardage. remember, to get to 1,000, you only need 62.5 yds a game. if teams have to respect an offense with a legit long ball in their game, and someone that can make all the throws...then shady could be in for a great year.

I can see his rushing yards going to down both from the offensive line issues and also by design.  I think he'll see less carries than normal with Ivory on the team - they'll want to keep the wear and tear on him controlled.  He's going to be a larger factor in the passing game  -  I can see his passing yards going to the 500-600 yard level. 

Edited by White Linen

6 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I can see his rushing yards going to down both from the offensive line issues and also by design.  I think he'll see less carries than normal with Ivory on the team - they'll want to keep the wear and tear on him controlled.  He's going to be a larger factor in the passing game  -  I can see his passing yards going to the 500-600 yard level. 

I like the idea of Dabol and the talk of match ups. It feels right. Obviously the team needs to demonstrate an air attack to be respected for having that option to strike you with.