EJ Gaines carted off the field in Browns practice with knee injury

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Will McDermott get "Greedy"??

I think he will justify defense every step of the way and ignore the offense.   Just my opinion.  Hopefully Beane isn't going to let him.  We need some balance.    Now if it's the RIGHT CB, and we know we are getting a guy who can make our secondary elite, i'm ok with it as long as they use every other pick from rounds 2-4 on offense.    OL/WR/TE have to be stocked with some talent.

But also don't be surprised if he only signs one FA olineman, and it's not an elite free agent either.   Then we draft a lineman late.  He really seems to have no regard for the Oline at all.  

20 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Don't be surprised  if we draft a CB with our 1st pick. 

I know that you are trying to get a rise out of the "fire everyone" crowd but the fact we will most likely finish last in offense will make that least probable.  It would not surprise me that the Pegula's have McDermott's ear in terms of offense only with the first pick.  If we finished in the middle third of the pack in terms of offense then I would say that it was McDermott's pick to use as he sees fit.

Edited by RochesterRob

Looks like EJ Gaines has been placed on IR.  It’s too bad because when he’s healthy the guy is a player but injuries seem to be a major issue for him.  No idea why - but again, EJ couldn’t finish a season.  

I wanted the Bills to re-sign EJ, especially when he didn’t get the big FA deal, but his lack of availability is probably one reason why it didn’t happen.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/07/browns-place-e-j-gaines-and-christian-kirksey-on-injured-reserve/

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

the logic will be that we have to stop the other wr's

since our D is on the field like 80% of any given game, so yeah, it makes complete sense to give it help since the offense barely even sees the field, why invest in it.  Hello I am a big dumb idiot and I like to clap when my team gets penalties against them

47 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Looks like EJ Gaines has been placed on IR.  It’s too bad because when he’s healthy the guy is a player but injuries seem to be a major issue for him.  No idea why - but again, EJ couldn’t finish a season.  

I wanted the Bills to re-sign EJ, especially when he didn’t get the big FA deal, but his lack of availability is probably one reason why it didn’t happen.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/07/browns-place-e-j-gaines-and-christian-kirksey-on-injured-reserve/

In the end...it looks like a wash between him and Vante

Poor kid. Health is keeping him from making a huge amount of money.  If he didn’t miss a game I’m his career, he’d be one of the better cbs in the league.

we will either sign a #2 cb or draft one in the first 3 rounds.  I wouldn’t be shocked to see them grab one with their first pick if they sign WR and OL I Free agency.  Not saying I want us to, but if we add the top cb in the draft and he performs as such, we’d have a top 3 defense for sure.  Almost every 3rd and 7+, teams target our #2 cb.  They avoid Tre like the plague.  We we had another Tre, we could have an epic pass d with Edmunds and Milano as the coverage LBs and hyde, Poyer and Johnson 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Poor kid. Health is keeping him from making a huge amount of money.  If he didn’t miss a game I’m his career, he’d be one of the better cbs in the league.

we will either sign a #2 cb or draft one in the first 3 rounds.  I wouldn’t be shocked to see them grab one with their first pick if they sign WR and OL I Free agency.  Not saying I want us to, but if we add the top cb in the draft and he performs as such, we’d have a top 3 defense for sure.  Almost every 3rd and 7+, teams target our #2 cb.  They avoid Tre like the plague.  We we had another Tre, we could have an epic pass d with Edmunds and Milano as the coverage LBs and hyde, Poyer and Johnson 

If we address OL/WR in FA, I’d not only be ok with taking a 1st Round CB, I would want us to.  That defense would be absolutely filthy.  

Not seeing any OL or WRs that blow me away for a Top 10 Pick.