Josh Allen- One thing we can all agree on?

Superior arm strength is nice but not in the top 3 QB needs.  Intelligence, accuracy, poise, leadership, pocket awareness, and athleticism are also on the list with arm strength about in the middle.  

The issue with NP is he doesn't even have an average arm.  He can't play in the NFL with his arm just like Losman couldn't play with his lack of intelligence.  Can he be a suitable back-up and execute a run heavy dink and dunk offense for a game or two?  For sure.  But that is not sustainable.

• Like (+1) 2

I never wanted and will never want to watch Peterman play a game for this team. 

I'm seeing more and more of these posts about these Nathan Peterman people, yet I never see them anymore. That said, the new guy who hasn't failed you yet is always more popular than the guy who has.

A lot of you had Watkins being replaced by Zay, and Tyrod by Peterman. And you idiots who believed that, don't have to own it, but you did and you were wrong.

But anyways, I do think Allen should play. I wasn't big on the pick, but he has shown that potential.

• Haha (+1) 1

I like Buffalover4life 's position, Let Peterman go the first few weeks. 

Let Allen learn the nuts and bolts process of how an NFL game week / game day works.  Let him see how Daboll installs a game plan for the upcoming game.  Give him a chance to see how the offense breaks down film on the opposing defense.  Let him see all the hoopla of opening weekend on the road and the spectacle of a few real NFL games before you ask him to go out there and run the offense.   Give him a few weeks to get used to all that and then ease him in week four. 

That also gets him past three meat grinder defenses.  I don't think anyone wants to see Peterman / Chargers Part II for Allen.  We need to do everything we can to maximize his chance of being a long term successful quarterback. If it turns out that our O-Line is a turnstile, do you really want him out there at all until the O Line has a few games to gel and get their act together?

If holding Allen back and starting Peterman means losing the first three games of the season to set Allen up for future success, I'm ok with that. We've been waiting twenty years for a franchise QB in Buffalo, I can wait three more games.  Other's may disagree, but that's my opinion.  I'm not in the Peterman camp, I personally think Allen is better, but I am in the camp of giving Allen the best shot to be successful and I think that means easing him into the starting lineup this season.  

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 8

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

BullBuchannon has been trying to have a baby with NP as badly as SaviorPeterman

When you can't even spell my name correctly, when you can see it right there, it should give folks a lot of pause about your ability to break down any more complicated subject.

NOBODY wants or believes Peterman will be the Bills franchise quarterback, NOBODY!!!

Plenty want him to start the season just so we are not risking Josh Allen's health behind an untested offensive line.

Many believe Peterman is good enough to be the Bills long term backup QB behind Josh Allen (myself included).

Edited by cd1
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, cd1 said:

NOBODY wants or believes Peterman will be the Bills franchise quarterback, NOBODY!!!

Plenty want him to start the season just so we are not risking Josh Allen's health behind an untested offensive line.

Many believe Peterman is good enough to be the Bills long term backup QB behind Josh Allen (myself included).

Drew Brees and Tom Brady say, "sup?"

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I like Buffalover4life 's position, Let Peterman go the first few weeks. 

Let Allen learn the nuts and bolts process of how an NFL game week / game day works.  Let him see how Daboll installs a game plan for the upcoming game.  Give him a chance to see how the offense breaks down film on the opposing defense.  Let him see all the hoopla of opening weekend on the road and the spectacle of a few real NFL games before you ask him to go out there and run the offense.   Give him a few weeks to get used to all that and then ease him in week four. 

That also gets him past three meat grinder defenses on the road.  I don't think anyone wants to see Peterman / Chargers Part II for Allen.  We need to do everything we can to maximize his chance of being a long term successful quarterback. If it turns out that our O-Line is a turnstile, do you really want him out there at all until the O Line has a few games to gel and get their act together?

If holding Allen back and starting Peterman means losing the first three games of the season to set Allen up for future success, I'm ok with that. We've been waiting twenty years for a franchise QB in Buffalo, I can wait three more games.  Other's may disagree, but that's my opinion.  I'm not in the Peterman camp, I personally think Allen is better, but I am in the camp of giving Allen the best shot to be successful and I think that means easing him into the starting lineup this season.  

Respectfully, high tide raises all ships and steel sharpens steel.

It's why the potential pick six on the out pattern with Peterman turns into a 8 yard completion and a second and two for Allen.  It's why 3 sacks and or a pick for Peterman behind this offensive line turns into 1 sack, 1 scramble for 5-7 yards and a 3 yard td pass for Allen.  Allen has to play a bit smarter to avoid taking some hits, but he is our best chance to win and he is showing the ability to make his teammates, oline and receivers alike, look better.

Secondly, I don't love the idea on planning on softies in the schedule because that changes rather quickly in this League.  If he is the best, or as the saying goes "first I will be the best and then I will be first", then get him in there and let him see on the field what it is like to play a good or anticipated good defense.  I for one think it will make him better and sharper in the long run.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

BurpleBull and BullBuchanon, too... 

but all 3 are probably just the same poster...

So good point! :thumbsup:

You really are a piece of work !! 

For 3 years you busted our ? ? about EJ that it’s NOT enough time for the light switch to come on !!!!   and blamed EVERYTHING and EVERYONE even the coaches ?

( remember ?? ) 

for not letting throw the ball on ? first downs , I could go on and on and on , 

If I only had a dollar for every thread you started about EJ , ????????⛴? 

• Haha (+1) 1

@ Dollars to Donuts

I think you have a good argument, there is definitely something to be said for trial by fire, but ultimately, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I think you're right, Allen probably is our best chance to win, and if your #1 objective is to beat the Ravens, Chargers, and Vikings, then you should play Allen.  If your #1 priority is to give Allen the best chance to succeed long term, then I would sit him for a few games and let the O line figure itself out first and let Allen get more of a feel for the pro game before you throw him in there.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

It’s incredible seeing how hot those balls come in and how far he can throw it. 

I am more impressed by the small windows that he needs to complete passes. This from a kid who was labeled as, "inaccurate."

I don't know if he will start immediately but I was thrilled when he was drafted and even more pleased today.

6 hours ago, GoodHands15 said:

Everyone has their options on the QB’s. Who should start. That’s all fine and dandy.

But can we all agree that watching Josh Allen rip the football is just a very nice thing to see. 

I mean. I feel like, just over two games. You could compile Josh Allen highlights and prescribe it as anti-depressants. 

No matter how much you want NP to start. I feel like Josh Allen highlight throws. (Especially deep outs) should make us all warm and fuzzy inside. Can we agree on that?

I think it's more about wanting the guy who gives us the best chance to win starting.  In my opinion the jury is still out.  And to those who will inevitably bring it up.  I could give a rats a$$ about one game in a guys rookie season.

Yes it is great and he definitely is the future (I wanted him from the beginning) and maybe the now.  

Everyone has their options on the QB’s. Who should start. That’s all fine and dandy.

But can we all agree that watching Josh Allen rip the football is just a very nice thing to see. 

I mean. I feel like, just over two games. You could compile Josh Allen highlights and prescribe it as anti-depressants. 

No matter how much you want NP to start. I feel like Josh Allen highlight throws. (Especially deep outs) should make us all warm and fuzzy inside. Can we agree on that?

Actually...... I think “ it “ moved when he threw that last touchdown ???

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

@ Dollars to Donuts

I think you have a good argument, there is definitely something to be said for trial by fire, but ultimately, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I think you're right, Allen probably is our best chance to win, and if your #1 objective is to beat the Ravens, Chargers, and Vikings, then you should play Allen.  If your #1 priority is to give Allen the best chance to succeed long term, then I would sit him for a few games and let the O line figure itself out first and let Allen get more of a feel for the pro game before you throw him in there.

I think preseason game 3 is against Cincinnati not Baltimore.  I'd like to see him start that game first.

Nope, warm and fuzzy absolutely not......but I did feel movement....um.....you know. (Seinfeld reference)

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

A lot of you had Watkins being replaced by Zay, and Tyrod by Peterman. And you idiots who believed that, don't have to own it, but you did and you were wrong.

Turns out that the ones who thought that the Watkins trade was a good one were much brighter regarding the trade than those who didn't. ;)

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

@ Dollars to Donuts

I go with the winning, you know "its hard to win in the NFL."