Josh Allen- One thing we can all agree on?

Everyone has their options on the QB’s. Who should start. That’s all fine and dandy.

But can we all agree that watching Josh Allen rip the football is just a very nice thing to see. 

I mean. I feel like, just over two games. You could compile Josh Allen highlights and prescribe it as anti-depressants. 

No matter how much you want NP to start. I feel like Josh Allen highlight throws. (Especially deep outs) should make us all warm and fuzzy inside. Can we agree on that?

• Like (+1) 9

3 minutes ago, GoodHands15 said:

Everyone has their options on the QB’s. Who should start. That’s all fine and dandy.

But can we all agree that watching Josh Allen rip the football is just a very nice thing to see. 

I mean. I feel like, just over two games. You could compile Josh Allen highlights and prescribe it as anti-depressants. 

No matter how much you want NP to start. I feel like Josh Allen highlight throws. (Especially deep outs) should make us all warm and fuzzy inside. Can we agree on that?

Besides Saviorpeterman, who badly wants Peterman to start?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Maybe, more Importantly, we can all agree that Josh Allen seems to be making progress in his overall development?  Whether this means that he is the starter on opening day, who knows, but at least there is support for the optimism that he really has the potential to develop into a quality starting QB (or better) for the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

I don't agree to that...

Awe man how come?

26 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Besides Saviorpeterman, who badly wants Peterman to start?

His mother would also fall into this category.

Any siblings or relatives.

The Baltimore Ravens. Joey Bosa.

Theres like 3 more.

14 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

It’s incredible seeing how hot those balls come in and how far he can throw it. 

Between Cam, Mahomes, Allen and Stafford on best arm in the league. I think Allen has them beat.

Yup now we just need consistency. Been very nice to see NP with a high completion percentage. He’s an adequate backup option. But JA is just a nightmare to contain. Very cool to see Gregg Williams force him to throw short-mid and he was hitting short-mid taking what he had.

• Like (+1) 1

I've noticed that, too.  It seems like anytime Josh Allen eyes a receiver that he is going to throw to, within 15 yds say, the time from when the ball leaves his hand until the time it reaches the receiver is almost instantaneous.  It is truly a thing of beauty.  Nate's throws to the sideline, within 10 yds, seem to just hang in the air, just waiting to be turned into a pick 6.  Just my observation.

• Like (+1) 3

The thing that gets me about Allen's throws is the crazy flat trajectory of them.  Most QB's need to put a bit of arc or loft on the ball to get it down the field over twenty yards.  Allen's passes come out of his hand moving at Mach 2.3 and just travel in a straight line to the receiver.  When I watch those passes it almost looks like an optical illusion.  Sometimes the ball gets there so quickly that the DB, who is in good position to defend the pass, doesn't even have a chance to make a play on the ball.  It's like Allen handed off the ball to the receiver twenty yards down the field.

Inconceivable!  

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 6

19 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The thing that gets me about Allen's throws is the crazy flat trajectory of them.  Most QB's need to put a bit of arc or loft on the ball to get it down the field over twenty yards.  Allen's passes come out of his hand moving at Mach 2.3 and just travel in a straight line to the receiver.  When I watch those passes it almost looks like an optical illusion.  Sometimes the ball gets there so quickly that the DB, who is in good position to defend the pass, doesn't even have a chance to make a play on the ball.  It's like Allen handed off the ball to the receiver twenty yards down the field.

Inconceivable...   

princess-bride-14.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I've noticed that, too.  It seems like anytime Josh Allen eyes a receiver that he is going to throw to, within 15 yds say, the time from when the ball leaves his hand until the time it reaches the receiver is almost instantaneous.  It is truly a thing of beauty.  Nate's throws to the sideline, within 10 yds, seem to just hang in the air, just waiting to be turned into a pick 6.  Just my observation.

While at camp this was obvious to me as well. They would have drills where two QBs drop back at the same time release the ball at the same time and Joshs ball is a clear step ahead.

Allen's arm is a breath of fresh air BUT..

The reason I would like to wait to start him is to see what the supporting cast looks like going up against Baltimore, Minnesota, and the LA Chargers. Then he is only started after it is clear that peterman is not a franchise QB against those A+ Ds, shielding Allen from some early bumps and bruises and lowering expectations for the offense to a floor. If peterman Balls there is no reason to rush Allen out there.

• Like (+1) 3