Kelly or Brady

In 1990.  Kelly.  In 2018.  Brady.  Simple. 

12 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

The bolded is a very interesting perspective. I think that Brady has the talent to have got rid of the ball on time in those days, no problem at all. I do however think that he would have been beaten half to death by late hits. Players must pay these hefty fines themselves now so the late hits are less common.

Today, receivers own the middle. Jack Tatum, Steve Atwater, Ronnie Lott, etc. owned it back in the day and that makes a huge difference.

I do however respectfully disagree about Marino being the best of all time.

This.  Nevermind late hits.  How about being mugged off the line as a receiver.  Edelman and Welker are 5th sting back then because corners could touch you. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Horrible. Brady at 45 over Kelly at any age. Not even close.

This is the truth.

And who is suggesting Kelly was mobile?  I would say neither is very mobile, though that is not a part of either player's game so it's no big deal.

Brady is almost certainly the best of all time.

Kelly wasn't even the best of his era, though he was damned good!

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Bite your tongue, heretic!  Johnny U was a man among boys.  Otto may have invented the modern QB position, but Johnny U perfected it, then invented the two minute drill, and personally unseated baseball as the nation's pastime.

Graham may have invented the position.  Unitas invented football.

Otto Graham played football when men were men, and also didn't lose to a drunk in SBIII! 

On 8/20/2018 at 9:55 AM, row_33 said:

it has amusing nutritional value at the very least

it's sure as hell beats "I've spent 367 days perfecting this spreadsheet on stats that nobody has thought of"

[um... yes they have, millions of people like you....]

Oh yeah? Well if Brady* is so much better than Kelly, why is his winning percentage AFC West teams playing in stadiums where the endzones go East-West on days that are between 57-66° degrees only .697 when Kelly's is .726?