Kelly or Brady

My cousin thinks Brady is not better than Kelly. The reason is: A) Kelly was more mobile. B) Belichick is a better coach than Levy. C) 4 straight SB appearances. D)

Deflategate/Spygate

Can any case be made Kelly is just as good, if not better, than Brady? Jim played in an era that wasn't as kind to Qb's.

Edited by Billsfanatic8989

2 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

First off, I think this is utterly unfair to Kelly. Regardless, my cousin thinks Brady is not better than Kelly. The reason is: A) Kelly was more mobile. B) Belichick is a better coach than Levy. C) 4 straight SB appearances. D)

Deflategate/Spygate

Can any case be made Kelly is just as good, if not better, than Brady? Or, is it indisputable? 

Different erra.  Tom Brady doesn't last a whole season back then.  All of the big three and Montana are better than Brady and Manning.  Jerry Rice would have had 40000 yards under these rules.

Dan Marino is the GOAT period.  Makes me sick saying that.  Not as sick as Brady, especially since Brady isn't the GOAT.  This game won't be recognizable in 10 years.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, arcane said:

Tom Brady is the greatest QB to ever play. End of story. 

Guys like Rodgers and Marino could throw a better ball, and Peyton was smarter. 

But Brady is the greatest. 

And Kelly isn't in that conversation.

Johnny Unitas is the best to ever play.  Brady isn't even in that conversation.

• Like (+1) 5

I always have a hard time comparing QB's from different eras. Times change.

But this one seems straight forward to me. Brady is the best of his era. Peyton Manning gave him a run for the money for a while, but Brady's been better. Jim Kelly was great,  but he was never the consensus "best of his era".  

• Like (+1) 6

Kelly, No. Other QBs? Absolutely. Kelly was absolutely tougher, had a better arm etc. He wasn’t as consistent as Brady week in and week out. It’s difficult, because if Brady played in the 80’s/ early 90s he’d have been retired by the time he was 35. He wouldn’t have survived the pass rushers and what they could do to QBs then. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

You'd almost think Jim Kelly actually won something if you were born in Buffalo. I'm not sure Kelly is in the top 30, and Brady, as much as it pains me, is the best there's ever been. I'm still taking Peyton on any team though.

If you had the choice of Brady, "the best there's ever been", and Peyton Manning, why would you not take the best ever?

44 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Johnny Unitas is the best to ever play.  Brady isn't even in that conversation.

Yet, he IS the conversation.  He’s discussed by anyone that knows anyone about football as the best or if not the best, he’s in the conversation.  Every time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

If you had the choice of Brady, "the best there's ever been", and Peyton Manning, why would you not take the best ever?

A. I don't like him

B. Peyton proved without a doubt he was the sole reason for the Colt's success and put together probably the best season any QB ever had at age 38. AFTER having his neck broken.

C. Peyton's intelligence allowed him to win even when his arm fell apart to a JV level.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1