'18 Bills Ticket Sales

Punt75

The Bills choose not to release Season Ticket Sales as is their right. 

Going through 3 tickets sellers - including 'Vivid Seats' - the opening home game vs.the Chargers has just 3,700 seats available. The last game of the season against the Dolphins at New Era Field  on December 30th has 10,300 seats left.

Bills fans are back in force!  The home games are becoming an 'event' again - GREAT!

Is it due to great confidence in this coaching staff & GM?   Because we made the play-offs after 17 years?  Is it because Josh Allen has arrived?

3 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Yeah I’m gonna go ahead and say 3700 still left for the opener is not a good sign at all.

There’s been years where opener sells out before general public even gets a crack.

They can’t do it without Russ......      ?

I think he’s looking at re-sale tix on Vividseats, Stubhub, etc. 

24 minutes ago, Augie said:

They can’t do it without Russ......      ?

I think he’s looking at re-sale tix on Vividseats, Stubhub, etc. 

Ah, gotcha.

Still haven’t heard that any games have sold out thru the box office so far though.

20 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Dont forget, in the glory years, we had home playoff games that didn't sell out. That seems like insanity nowadays 

I believe the stadium had a capacity of 80k back in the glory years.   I also think it was just a couple of games over a span of time from about 1989 to about 1998.

2 hours ago, Punt75 said:

The Bills choose not to release Season Ticket Sales as is their right. 

Going through 3 tickets sellers - including 'Vivid Seats' - the opening home game vs.the Chargers has just 3,700 seats available. The last game of the season against the Dolphins at New Era Field  on December 30th has 10,300 seats left.

Bills fans are back in force!  The home games are becoming an 'event' again - GREAT!

Is it due to great confidence in this coaching staff & GM?   Because we made the play-offs after 17 years?  Is it because Josh Allen has arrived?

It's because it's September not December. It's like that every year.

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

I believe the stadium had a capacity of 80k back in the glory years.   I also think it was just a couple of games over a span of time from about 1989 to about 1998.

It started in the third Super Bowl season. Houston comeback game was blacked out. A year later the AFCC had the last couple thousand tickets bought by Ch.2 to avoid the blackout.

I gave up my season tickets that we had for decades for a variety of reasons.

I had been an out-of-town season ticket holder after moving to Miami.  My goal was merely to break even for the games that I could not attend.  For the first time ever, I could not break even last year.

I could not sell the tickets to the freaking home opener for the lowest amount that one could list them for with the NFL Ticket Exchange (even though my tickets were in the lower bowl on the 45 yard line).  That was a complete shock.  Opening game typically had been a big game on the resell market when I could not attend.  

Last year was a tough year on the resell market.  You also will recall that tickets for the Colts game were going for $6.00.

In my wildest dreams, I never thought that I would give up the tickets.  Nevertheless, I just could not see myself continuing to take the risk of not even being able to  break even given what happened last year.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 1