Bills receive 2nd opinion on AJ’s shoulder (No fracture, has returned to practice)

YoloinOhio

I suspect there was something said before the question period.  Contract stuff is totally not McD's area - so maybe that's why it was treated that way?

Or - maybe McD talked to Sal before the conference about it - and McD said no comment - then it was asked in public and that's why he got the reaction?

I suspect things like injury settlements are probably taboo to talk about - especially if they have not been done yet?

• Like (+1) 1

It must not be a bad bruise then...I bruised the bottom of my foot playing baseball as a kid from stepping on a bat after it wasn't cleared out of the way from home plate and it was excruciatingly painful...could not even have my foot touch the ground for almost 2 weeks and was on crutches...

McCarron's injury must not be as severe or they must have some super high tech treatments available for him...otherwise he isn't practicing til week 1...and by that point the QB competition is done.

Edited by matter2003

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

It must not be a bad bruise then...I bruised the bottom of my foot playing baseball as a kid from stepping on a bat after it wasn't cleared out of the way from home plate and it was excruciatingly painful...could not even have my foot touch the ground for almost 2 weeks and was on crutches...

McCarron's injury must not be as severe or they must have some super high tech treatments available for him...otherwise he isn't practicing til week 1...and by that point the QB competition is done.

probably effective treatment.. icing and anti infammatories right away... can reduce bruising fast also probable has a high pain tolerance and since no fx and hopefully no muscle tendon tears...

10 hours ago, Peter said:

It is at the very beginning. Here is the link:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/sean-mcdermott-time-to-move-forward

It begins about the 52 second mark. 

1) Sal asked what appears to be a fairly standard question;

2) McCoach gave him a really dirty look;

3) Sal for some reason said that he is sorry;

4) McCoach said next question;

5) McCoach gave him another dirty look and shook his head while taking the next question.

The whole thing is odd . . . especially since Sal (perhaps because he is paid by the Bills as a sideline reporter for the radio broadcasts) seems to make sure to always paint McBeane in a favorable light.  The reaction seemed gratuitous and odd.

Thanks

Did the X-ray seem to show a hairline fracture?

Did reporters (and their sources) just get it wrong?

Perhaps the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Sometimes a vessel or angle on X-ray can lead to suspicion of a tiny non-displaced crack, and then days later a follow-up MRI, CT scan or X-ray shows the truth. So one possibility is that the initial test showed something that gave the medical staff cause to believe there was a fracture and a source jumped the gun with reporters. (It is better for medical staffs to be cautious and investigate all possibilities.)

Certainly, the Bills public relations staff could have corrected any early misinformation — if there was any. But, then again, the team did not officially address the injury in the first place. (Remember, there is no mandatory injury reporting in the preseason.)

Whatever happened, it appears to be good news for McCarron. Players should win or lose their jobs on the field, not because someone is in the training room.

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

That's on the ump, should have cleared it as a courtesy if there were RISP and someone got a hit.

46 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....glad he went to see Dr Ruth for the second one.............

Is she still alive??

6 hours ago, Jeetz1231 said:

That's on the ump, should have cleared it as a courtesy if there were RISP and someone got a hit.

Yeah I was on 3rd base and it was a medium fly ball to the outfield with one out so I was tagging and I had to run hard...throw got cut off by pitcher but I wasn't really paying attention in front of me I was looking sideways and I turned my head back and it was too late I was already in mid air and stepped right on it...that hurt bad lol

21 hours ago, Peter said:

It is at the very beginning. Here is the link:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/sean-mcdermott-time-to-move-forward

It begins about the 52 second mark. 

1) Sal asked what appears to be a fairly standard question;

2) McCoach gave him a really dirty look;

3) Sal for some reason said that he is sorry;

4) McCoach said next question;

5) McCoach gave him another dirty look and shook his head while taking the next question.

The whole thing is odd . . . especially since Sal (perhaps because he is paid by the Bills as a sideline reporter for the radio broadcasts) seems to make sure to always paint McBeane in a favorable light.  The reaction seemed gratuitous and odd.

I think it must have been that he didn't wanna get into it because he was still fuming about the hit. That was what it looked like to me.  If it was just he didn't want to talk injury settlement he would surely have just said "I don't want to get into that right now." I think he was trying to avoid talking about the hit because he was gonna blow up if he did. It was dirty and might have ruined that kid's chance to ever play pro football. 

EDIT: I should also say that you hear him call out to Sal when he leaves the podium at the end before the feed switches off. So I am guessing they sorted their differences straight away. I used to do soccer press conferences in my previous life and Manchester City at the time were managed by a guy who would combust at a question almost every week. He would always make a point of coming up to you at the start of the next week and apologising. But then he'd explode again at someone else that week. Was just who he was. Odd thing with Sean is it does not seem to be his style, so something made him really angry. I think it was the hit, not the question itself.  

Edited by GunnerBill

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Was there even a penalty on that hit?

Yeah running into the kicker but it got erased because there were 3 penalties on the play...one on us for running out of bounds and not running back in, and another on them for block in the back 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea it was a late hit on the kicker and 15 yards. Set up our last FG on Josh's 3rd drive. 

No it wasn't...they only called running into the kicker and it got wiped out by offsetting penalties

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah running into the kicker but it got erased because there were 3 penalties on the play...one on us for running out of bounds and not running back in, and another on them for block in the back 

No it wasn't...they only called running into the kicker and it got wiped out by offsetting penalties

Ah that's right. Well remembered matter. It was 2.30am or something over here... no wonder my memory is a little hazy.