Bills receive 2nd opinion on AJ’s shoulder (No fracture, has returned to practice)

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What the hell was that all about?!?! 

Yikes is right.

McCoach also should realize that Sal . . . (how should I say this) . . . paints McCoach and Beane in the most favorable light compared to just about everyone else in the media.

It is beyond me why McCoach would react to Sal like that.  He seemed like a bit of a prick the way he reacted.

Edited by Peter

8 hours ago, Peter said:

What the hell was that all about?!?! 

Yikes is right.

McCoach also should realize that Sal . . . (how should I say this) . . . paints McCoach and Beane in the most favorable light compared to just about everyone else in the media.

It is beyond me why McCoach would react to Sal like that.  He seemed like a bit of a prick the way he reacted.

I guess I missed it. Looked and sounds like most of these. What is the reaction about?

51 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I guess I missed it. Looked and sounds like most of these. What is the reaction about?

Sal’s question about Cory the Punter on whether he got an injury settlement ... death stare ... eye roll.. and “ Next question”

11 hours ago, ganesh said:

I think AJ is  a veteran player who has been in the league now for five years.  This is McDeromotts way of being polite and doing the right thing with a Vet player.  Sometimes, what you don't do makes you look better in players eyes. 

Well said. Still makes me mad..

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

That's awesome for them.  I missed that announcement.

There was a family picture taken of them at training camp and you could (kind of) see a bump, so she was apparently getting questions and went ahead and announced it. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There was a family picture taken of them at training camp and you could (kind of) see a bump, so she was apparently getting questions and went ahead and announced it. 

Yolo, to be honest with you if they wanted to keep their privacy a bit longer I don't find a single thing wrong with her coming out and saying, "my husband got a multi-million dollar contract and I've been celebrating with wings and bon-bons."

...I, for one, would not judge her for that or give it a second thought.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Steptide said:

McDermott - "we want to get a 2nd opinion" 

Translation - "we're trying to figure out if we can waive him, cut him or place him on injured reserve" 

That's what I was thinking. Ty. Question...will this affect any money owed to him?

However, we do know that something is wrong and his practice in the three weeks before the start of the season would appear to be limited, at best.

If this were Jim Kelly I would have no problem with him practicing just the week before the start of the season.

However, to miss let's say even just two weeks now...no way do I let him start against Baltimore, unless Peterman and Allen take tremendous steps backwards.

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

It is at the very beginning. Here is the link:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/sean-mcdermott-time-to-move-forward

It begins about the 52 second mark. 

1) Sal asked what appears to be a fairly standard question;

2) McCoach gave him a really dirty look;

3) Sal for some reason said that he is sorry;

4) McCoach said next question;

5) McCoach gave him another dirty look and shook his head while taking the next question.

The whole thing is odd . . . especially since Sal (perhaps because he is paid by the Bills as a sideline reporter for the radio broadcasts) seems to make sure to always paint McBeane in a favorable light.  The reaction seemed gratuitous and odd.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

It is at the very beginning. Here is the link:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/sean-mcdermott-time-to-move-forward

It begins about the 52 second mark. 

1) Sal asked what appears to be a fairly standard question;

2) McCoach gave him a really dirty look;

3) Sal for some reason said that he is sorry;

4) McCoach said next question;

4) McCoach gave him another dirty look and shook his head while taking the next question.

The whole thing is odd . . . especially since Sal (perhaps because he is paid by the Bills as a sideline reporter for the radio broadcasts) seems to make sure to always paint McBeane in a favorable light.  The reaction seemed gratuitous and odd.

It also stood out to me... Sal immediately said “Sorry!” after he asked the question. I wonder if it was just sensitivity to the fact that they don’t give injury settlements to camp fodder punters? I don’t even know if that’s true but otherwise don’t get the reaction to the question. 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It also stood out to me... Sal immediately said “Sorry!” after he asked the question. I wonder if it was just sensitivity to the fact that they don’t give injury settlements to camp fodder punters? I don’t even know if that’s true but otherwise don’t get the reaction to the question. 

Maybe it was covered ahead of time, potentially vaguely, and agreed not to be brought up?

• Thank you (+1) 1