Bills receive 2nd opinion on AJ’s shoulder (No fracture, has returned to practice)

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I hate when "coach speak" makes McDermott sound dumb.

Even if AJ were fine, which he pretty obviously isn't, he can't truly feel that all 3 are still equal atm. Moving this competition along at it's absolute slowest, one would still conclude it's at least between Allen and Peterman right now.

It doesn't make him sound dumb.  It's clear that he's not telling the media anything - ever.  He even tells them - I'm not answering that question.  Then the majority of the rest of the questions are the exact same question he just said he's not answering.  It's embarrassing for them not him.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Seek your 2nd opinion, but does it really matter? If Allen does well enough with the 1's this week then there is no question who should start. The disparity between the two in the overall talent level is obvious. 

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

It doesn't make him sound dumb.  It's clear that he's not telling the media anything - ever.  He even tells them - I'm not answering that question.  Then the majority of the rest of the questions are the exact same question he just said he's not answering.  It's embarrassing for them not him.  

So do you truly believe, at this juncture, it's still a 3 QB race? He can not answer the question or be vague without saying that McCarron is on equal ground with Allen and Peterman. That's too much suspension of disbelief for me.

• Like (+1) 1

Talent does not trump experience and decision making in the NFL. Allen hasn’t seen anything remotely close to what will be thrown at him in the regular season. I am all in on him as our future QB — but the kid can benefit from sitting and watching and learning for a bit this season.

1 minute ago, NY Nole said:

Talent does not trump experience and decision making in the NFL. Allen hasn’t seen anything remotely close to what will be thrown at him in the regular season. I am all in on him as our future QB — but the kid can benefit from sitting and watching and learning for a bit this season.

So you and others keep saying. Where’s the evidence for this?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NY Nole said:

Really.....do tell...

20 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

So do you truly believe, at this juncture, it's still a 3 QB race? He can not answer the question or be vague without saying that McCarron is on equal ground with Allen and Peterman. That's too much suspension of disbelief for me.

No, that's the beauty of it.  Of course we don't get any news as fans but we have a head coach that keeps everything in house - even the obvious.  

I only wish he doubled down by saying if AJ is going to miss significant time,  we'll bring someone in and they'll have an opportunity to start just like AJ.

55 minutes ago, H2o said:

Seek your 2nd opinion, but does it really matter? If Allen does well enough with the 1's this week then there is no question who should start. The disparity between the two in the overall talent level is obvious. 

It matters because at this point in the preseason you need at least three QBs. If AJ is day to day there is little or much less need to sign a new guy. If he is week to week there is a much greater need to sign one quick. If he is out 4-6 weeks with a hairline fracture it's a must. 

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Really.....do tell...

Do tell what?  He told.  

10 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Ya know what's super annoying about all this? McDermott probably knows who his starting qb is, but guess when we're gonna find out? Sunday September 9th

Why is this annoying?  It’s smart imo.  The more the opponents know, the easier it is to gameplan.  It’s not as if Peterman and Allen have similar skill sets 

• Like (+1) 2

AJ McCollarbone looked pretty terrible with the 1's anyway. I understand the oline didn't do him any favors, but he still got way too flustered and made some terrible throws.

• Like (+1) 3

Now we will dick around not getting another QB in here in time and we will be playing Petterman or Allen in parts of preseason games that are very dangerous. Having to have Petterman innthere in the 4th quarter of that last game was careless. We need just a nobody that we can stick in there. Once Mccarron got hurt, Petterman became very important. Then he was sent out behind a line that was dangerous in situations that could have really hurt our season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NY Nole said:

Why b.c he has never sat and watched NFL football before?