Kelly/Reich = Allen/Peterman

BigSky

22 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Allen is definitely the franchise.

I like that Peterman’s game has seemed to improve since last season. He may be a guy that a team can win a game or two with coming off the bench.

It all remains to be seen but I am optimistic.

...agree 136% BOE.....if, IF the Peterman kid EVENTUALLY resembled something close to Reich in the bullpen, hardly a bad thing IMO......a 5th becoming a solid backup?....naw, that sucks.....he did have FIVE picks...SMH....

5 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Nate Peterman ran a really fun offense at Pitt.  Their upset win in Clemson and Deshaun Watson, the soon to be NCAA Champs, was epic.  I think his personality fits that of a #2 more than  #1.  He seems to be a "walk the walk" Christian and the Bills coaches seem to think highly of him.  This does not make him trash.

Frank Reich had a nice career at Maryland.  He came off the bench to lead them in their epic 2nd half comeback to upset the Bernie Kosar led Miami Hurricanes, the NCAA Champs from the previous season.  He was a great #2 to Jim Kelly and his personality fit that role perfectly.  Early in his NFL career he rarely looked good in preseason games and most fans questioned why the coaching staff thought so highly of him and believed the team would be in big trouble if he were ever called upon in a tough spot.

..nicely done bud....:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BigSky said:

I can see this happening and think it will happen? Maybe not by opening day but eventually, sooner rather than later. You guys?

PS Sorry if a thread about this has been started but I didn’t see one. 

I didn't see a thread about this comparison, but we did just get through with "Allen + Murphy could be the next Kelly + Thurman."  I am waiting for the "Edmunds + Milano could be the next Talley + Bennett." Or maybe "Benjamin + Zay could be Andre Reed + Don Beebe."  There's always the "Peterman + Murphy could be Cardale Jones + Reggie Bush" comparison out there, so I await further such threads.

While it’s premature, I think Peterman’s ceiling is Fitzpatrick. Not enough arm talent to execute what he sees on the field and careless with the ball in the clutch. We’ll see if he has the same knack for lucking into situations that allow him to bounce around the league as a fringe starter. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MJS said:

Holy cow. Maybe we should wait until Allen actually plays a game before comparing him to Jim Kelly, the hall of famer?

..think you may have misinterpreted the premise of the thread bud.....think of it more as in the next Kelly/Reich LIKE duo.....forget individual comparatives.......a rock solid, bonafide starter with a "got your back" guy sitting by the bullpen phone I think is what we're saying.....similar to a Thurmal/Kenneth Davis LIKE duo in the backfield....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..think you may have misinterpreted the premise of the thread bud.....think of it more as in the next Kelly/Reich LIKE duo.....forget individual comparatives.......a rock solid, bonafide starter with a "got your back" guy sitting by the bullpen phone I think is what we're saying.....similar to a Thurmal/Kenneth Davis LIKE duo in the backfield....

Yep, and that's still ridiculous. I mean, I like what I've seen from Allen in two preseason games, but he is nothing LIKE Jim Kelly.

And Peterman has only seen distaster in his extremely limited playing time.

So no. I think it is useless to allude to them being anything LIKE Jim Kelly and Reich.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Yep, and that's still ridiculous. I mean, I like what I've seen from Allen in two preseason games, but he is nothing LIKE Jim Kelly.

And Peterman has only seen distaster in his extremely limited playing time.

So no. I think it is useless to allude to them being anything LIKE Jim Kelly and Reich.

...NOT saying they ARE or are NOT, but someday the similar repeat of that duo would be hugely beneficial....probably dreaming so do NOT wake me up...Frank was a damn good soldier who never whined about his role...just answered the bullpen phone when called upon....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...NOT saying they ARE or are NOT, but someday the similar repeat of that duo would be hugely beneficial....probably dreaming so do NOT wake me up...Frank was a damn good soldier who never whined about his role...just answered the bullpen phone when called upon....

Yes. Having a hall of fame QB and a solid backup QB would definitely be big for this franchise. You're right.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BigSky said:

I can see this happening and think it will happen? Maybe not by opening day but eventually, sooner rather than later. You guys?

I don't see the comparison but I love the optimism.  

22 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Yeah that’s my thought. For all of you who think this is a stupid thread go to another. I read here a lot but rarely post because of all the nasty responses. Everybody is entitled to there opinions and we are all Bills fans so why don’t we act maturely and discuss thing civilly. When I was growing up in the area people were much friendlier then a lot of you in this forum. Grow up!

• Haha (+1) 1

Yes it'd be great if we could get that type of production again, but please just stop with trying to make comparisons to hall of fame players to those who havent even played 1 NFL regular season game yet & where the others claim to fame is throwing 5 INT's in a half of football. Its an unfair comparison to both, no all of the involved. Yesterday it was comparing Marcus Murphy to Thurman Thomas. Please just stop lol

Kelly/Reich = Allen/Peterman? NO

5 minutes ago, BigSky said:

Yeah that’s my thought. For all of you who think this is a stupid thread go to another. I read here a lot but rarely post because of all the nasty responses. Everybody is entitled to there opinions and we are all Bills fans so why don’t we act maturely and discuss thing civilly. When I was growing up in the area people were much friendlier then a lot of you in this forum. Grow up!

...screw them and post more often bud...differing opinions and respect make this place work....could care less if somebody pees on my leg ...cream rises to the top...skanks sink...welcome MORE often!......:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, BigSky said:

Thank you. This thread has inspired me to chug 32 oz of prune juice so i can enjoy the rest of my afternoon.

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...screw them and post more often bud...differing opinions and respect make this place work....could care less if somebody pees on my leg ...cream rises to the top...skanks sink...welcome MORE often!......:thumbsup:

Agreed. Some people here take it WAY too far. 99% of those keyboard tough guys would not behave like that face to face, man to man.

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Why all the hate for Nate?  You are very consistent wit it.  His arm isn't strong enough and that is a big hole.  What are the others?

Why all the love for a 5th round pick who came out of the draft with the scouting report on him being a backup at best?

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Peterman's game is full of holes. I wouldn't call it solid at all. 

@fridge so easily confused by the obvious. ;)

I certainly wouldn’t say with bravado that Peterman’s game is full of holes. I think he has a great grasp of the game pre-snap and he is undeniably a hard worker with a good attitude. If he were able to be our backup for a few years I would be more than happy with that.