Seahawks offered 2nd rd pick for Brissett and Colts declined?

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why and why 

by Ryan Wilson -CBS SPORTS- Apr 21, 2018

Back in February, new Colts coach Frank Reich didn't sound like he was interested in parting ways with the 24-year-old. "There was a lot of evidence of winning football from Jacoby," he said, via Kevin Bowen of 1070 TheFan. "... I'm very encouraged and thankful he's on the roster."

And last month a source told the Indianapolis Star's Chris Wade that the Colts had rebuffed two trade offers for Brissett, lending credence to Reich's original remarks. Also lending credence to Brissett staying put? General manager Chris Ballard's remarks on Friday when asked about keeping the young quarterback in Indy for the long haul.

"He's committed, he's a great teammate, he's got juice, he holds people accountable, he holds himself accountable. I love Jacoby," Ballard said. "Jacoby Brissett is going to play in this league a long time. If I learned anything last year, it was the value of a backup quarterback who can get it done, and I think Jacoby can do that."

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Because Andrew Luck is their starter and he isn’t entirely reliable 

I was looking at it more like "why would the Seahawks be will willing to trade a mid-2nd rounder for a QB when they have Wilson and tons of other needs?"

• Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

I'd get good laffs if Brissett and Garoppolo both became FQBs and the Patsies are unable to find anyone for awhile once TB calls it quits

True but it makes you wonder if this Danny Elfman guy they just drafted might be good too.

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

I was looking at it more like "why would the Seahawks be will willing to trade a mid-2nd rounder for a QB when they have Wilson and tons of other needs?"

Ahh my bad. Good question.  Don’t have any idea

28 minutes ago, Doc said:

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Yeah, but why would Seattle even offer up a second rounder for Brissett? Guy isn't that good. Plus Wilson has been pretty durable.

Very good question

My guess is that with all the recent turnover in Seattle they are either

A - looking for some insurance against the league keying on their franchise QB

B - looking for some insurance against the possibility that the rest of the team carried Wilson

1 hour ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

I'd get good laffs if Brissett and Garoppolo both became FQBs and the Patsies are unable to find anyone for awhile once TB calls it quits

I think Belichick might just be laughing along with you (while throwing a single digit salute to Mr Kraft). 

• Like (+1) 1