Why Does The National Media Want To See Josh Allen Fail?

mykidsdad

....It's called the "I told you so" doctrine......same thing Chandler #81 said about some Bills fans....who really give a rat's azz about the urinalists?......these clowns have bandwagons with elevators so they can get on and off and on and off QUICKLY......wonder how many of the "start Allen NOW" contingent published "WTF's" when the "pick was in"??.....

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ThunderGun said:

Yeah, from THIS coaching staff.  Why wouldn't they have worked out the flaws in his game sooner if they were any good @ Wyoming?  Seems like Allen is pretty fast on the uptake, and has rectified many of his issues quickly. That's all credit to McD's staff, not Wyoming.  

This team has two healthy QBs.  One set the NFL record for INTS in one half, and should've been intercepted for a pick 6 on his first throw with the 3rd team...

The other has every physical intangible a QB could possibly want, was the 7th overall pick, and seems to be acclimating to the game much faster than anticipated.

Hopefully this staff just cuts the BS, and makes Allen the starter.  Starting Peterman is just a waste of time, and feels like a "Jauron" type move.  No point in prolonging the inevitable.

At this point, there may be lots of things that are inevitable.  One of which is our QB getting killed by Juan Castillos unit.  @Raven, vs Chargers and @vikings.  As much as he may deserve to start, letting Peterman get destroyed by those teams may be the smartest move going forward.  The OL is just bad

Not only that, Ducasse is absolutely a Russian agent sent to sabotage the 2018 campaign from within.

I mean, his name is Vladimir. How many freakin' clues do you need?

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Haha (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s not just the media. There’s a huge contingent of Bills fans who refuse to see what their eyes are telling them.

probably PTSD, but I’m no doctor..

Thanks for the merge....didn’t realize there was another thread on the exact same topic.  Great minds think alike!

Edited by BuffaloRush
  • Like (+1) 1

We get so insecure all of the time. The national media doesn’t want Allen to fail. They really don’t care what he does. Allen happens to be one of the most polarizing QB prospects in a long, long time. He has an elite skill set with a spotty track record. Some people think he’s going to be amazing and some think the exact opposite. What people “think” and what they “want” aren’t the same thing. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

6 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I’m pretty high on Allen right now. But I wouldn’t call it a “success” as of yet. He’s seen limited action in 2 preseason games. Preseason games don’t count for anything....

No, but he's also not a colossal failure, which is what the experts predicted. 

7 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-2018-bills-19-browns-17

Interesting that PFF has little to say about Josh Allen's progress. I normally have a lot of confidence with their analytics and when they came out strongly against Josh Allen, I was really discouraged. If they end up being wrong on this, it may be one of their bigger misses using their advanced stats. It seems to me that they're already being a little stuborn about Josh's early success. It is very early, still, but I would have expected them to say something about him. Could Josh possibly ding their credibility? 

The reason is because he was drafted by Buffalo and it fits well with their talking points,  if he were drafted by one of New York teams they would be pumping him up as the next Joe Namath.  End of the day who cares,  plays are made on the field not in newspapers .  This kid look like the real deal,  just remember the last (2) first round QB'S we had,  Losman and EJ both struggled in the pocket with happy feet and afraid to throw the ball down the field.  I am not seeing this with Allen,  he makes his reads and either lets it fly or tries to make plays with his feet.  The guy is showing to make quick process decisions and then you add the fact that he most likely has the strongest arm in the league with also one of quickess releases it is all good.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No, but he's also not a colossal failure, which is what the experts predicted. 

.......they barely acknowledged the breaking of the "drought".......and are lukewarm impressed with McD........and here we are ranked DEAD LAST for 2018 Excitement Factor...

Ranking each NFL team based on excitement factor

Stats are tough to draw conclusions if not used with proper caveats and as others have said they are misused. Stats don't address sample size, context, often ignore ability to learn and adjust... hard to quantify, though wonderlic scores can give you an idea... Allen’s were reportedly very good...

I like what I see so far... if he can gain Brady’s discipline with what appears to be River’s skill set... he could be great and you see signs of that.  Still he is a work in progress, but things are looking up.  I am hopeful.  As to should he start right away. I’ll let coaches decide... need to see more in last two preseason games and am still worried about rough schedule in first four games. 

The media does like to be right and Allen has so many potential tough to quantify variable it is easy to pan him.

Edited by North Buffalo

26 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

The reason is because he was drafted by Buffalo and it fits well with their talking points,  if he were drafted by one of New York teams they would be pumping him up as the next Joe Namath.  End of the day who cares,  plays are made on the field not in newspapers .  This kid look like the real deal,  just remember the last (2) first round QB'S we had,  Losman and EJ both struggled in the pocket with happy feet and afraid to throw the ball down the field.  I am not seeing this with Allen,  he makes his reads and either lets it fly or tries to make plays with his feet.  The guy is showing to make quick process decisions and then you add the fact that he most likely has the strongest arm in the league with also one of quickess releases it is all good.

Technically, Buffalo is the only NY team, but I digress. ?

There is a good point there, part of the narritive is that the Bills, long-time losers, drafted him.  A hard-luck team uses a high pick on a kid who looks like a statistical mess.  Sounds like a Cleveland move, and so the media spins it that way.  Had NE drafted Allen the narrative would be completely different, as Bellie gets the next possible GOAT with raw talent and just a small handful of flaws that a brilliant coach like him could fix.  The narrative of each preseason game would be how amazing Allen is, and how quickly Bellie is molding him into a god.

Also remember, the media is looking for clicks.  With all these QBs drafted, they need to strongly differentiate between them.  Otherwise they risk looking like they're copy/pasting.  Allen is on the Bills, and got the storyline "High-risk, likely bust", to separate him from the others.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-2018-bills-19-browns-17

Interesting that PFF has little to say about Josh Allen's progress. I normally have a lot of confidence with their analytics and when they came out strongly against Josh Allen, I was really discouraged. If they end up being wrong on this, it may be one of their bigger misses using their advanced stats. It seems to me that they're already being a little stuborn about Josh's early success. It is very early, still, but I would have expected them to say something about him. Could Josh possibly ding their credibility? 

There is more to the national media than PFF....other outlets have been saying good things about Allen...especially after Friday's game...CBS, NFL Network....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....It's called the "I told you so" doctrine......same thing Chandler #81 said about some Bills fans....who really give a rat's azz about the urinalists?......these clowns have bandwagons with elevators so they can get on and off and on and off QUICKLY......wonder how many of the "start Allen NOW" contingent published "WTF's" when the "pick was in"??.....

I don't know if you meant to drop the J, but it's awsome!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Remember when PFF gave Aaron Rodgers a negative score after a 5 TD game and people still took them seriously after?  I member.  It's like all you have to say is advance stats and everyone stops asking questions.  Maybe there metrics are off and the stats they are using do not correlate as much to success in the game as they think. 

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12