Fun film review of Josh Allen vs. the Browns

BisonMan

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

I'm glad someone else sees that one early incomplete pass was likely a throw away. The WR would have been lit up if he caught it. To me that was one of his best passes, if intentional. 

Also, Allen is GOAT. I can't wait until he breaks some DB fingers!

Are you talking the throw to Benjamin? It wasn’t a throwaway but it also wasn’t inaccurate. That was a poor read by Josh. Benjamin stopped his crossing pattern to sit in the zone bc he saw the LB coming. Josh through the ball to where KB would have been had he not sat down. If Benjamin would have kept running to where josh threw the ball he’d have been lit up. 

One of the the toughest things for a rookie of any QB to do for that matter is to see the field ahead of the route. Josh missed it that time. 

Edited by SoCoBills

38 minutes ago, SoCoBills said:

Are you talking the throw to Benjamin? It wasn’t a throwaway but it also wasn’t inaccurate. That was a poor read by Josh. Benjamin stopped his crossing pattern to sit in the zone bc he saw the LB coming. Josh through the ball to where KB would have been had he not sat down. If Benjamin would have kept running to where josh threw the ball he’d have been lit up. 

One of the the toughest things for a rookie of any QB to do for that matter is to see the field ahead of the route. Josh missed it that time. 

Really? It looked like he overthrew it on purpose, but your take sounds more likely.

21 hours ago, SoCoBills said:

This is what I think happened as well.

My only other gripe with his performance was the throw to Lee around the 3:40 mark of the video. He opens up too much on the throw. This is something that was brought up about his footwork at Wyoming on throws to the left which led to some inaccuracy. It's not a bad throw to Lee, but as the guy mentioned, it could have been better. 

On 8/19/2018 at 10:46 AM, billsfan1959 said:

Amazing how many people, including a few of our own sports writers here in Buffalo, didn't understand that it wasn't a face mask call on the defender tackling Allen.

Count me in that group! Thanks for clarifying, I'll have to look for the hands to the face on Mills. First I've heard it wasn't a blown call.

On 8/19/2018 at 10:28 AM, Chandler#81 said:

This guy is unwatchable -and doesn’t know what he’s seeing. Allen ‘stomped his foot’ on the 7 yrd out to sucker the linebacker in on the RB underneath, to open the throw to the sideline. Massey DIDN’T grab Allen’s face mask. The DE jammed Mills face mask, pushing his helmet up over his head and was called for “Hands to the face”, not face mask.

I guit watching right there.

He's an idiot with average level football IQ, but he is funny, entertaining, and gives a glowing review of Josh Allen in this clip.

So folks here are going to eat it up for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

28 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I feel like I'm sitting next to some guy named jimmy the knucklehead at a bar in south buffalo talking about the bills

If he said that Allen couldn't read a defense, had horrible footwork and had accuracy issues that doomed him to failure, then I would say that he's a knucklehead.

Edited by Sky Diver

8 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

If he said that Allen couldn't read a defense, had horrible footwork and had accuracy issues that doomed him to failure, then I would say that he's a knucklehead.

less about the commentary than delivery