Hot for Teacher: Arizona style

<The boy was not a student at Dr. Daniel Bright and did not attend any schools in the Cottonwood-Oak Creek School District, police said, adding the relationship appears to have originated outside of any school setting, Sgt. Monica Kuhlt said.>

What, what?  Why was she arrested?

4 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

Ages are 22 and 17. Not at the same school.  A little weird, but why illegal?

Can’t tell whether she’s a yes ar a no. First thought is probably. 

Suggesting that there is some type of "crime" here is absurd.

For thousands of years humans were having babies when they were biologically ready to do so, like age 13 to 16, and until quite recently.

So here we have a 17 and 22 year old....no big deal.

America, the land of Puritans.

Remember, showing a woman's breasts on TV is forbidden, but showing someone get their head blown off with a shotgun is perfectly OK.

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

<The boy was not a student at Dr. Daniel Bright and did not attend any schools in the Cottonwood-Oak Creek School District, police said, adding the relationship appears to have originated outside of any school setting, Sgt. Monica Kuhlt said.>

Arizona.  Rednecks.  Republicans.  Trump voters.

Say no more.

• Thank you (+1) 4

5 hours ago, KD in CA said:

In public schools, it's generally illegal for any teacher to be in a sexual relationship with any student, regardless of age.  Hypothetically, a 20 year old high school senior and 19 year old TA, the TA would be arrested.

41 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

In public schools, it's generally illegal for any teacher to be in a sexual relationship with any student, regardless of age.  Hypothetically, a 20 year old high school senior and 19 year old TA, the TA would be arrested.

I get the 'abuse of authority' concept, but that seems out of place here as he wasn't a student, in her school or anywhere in her district.  If she screws a 17 year old kid on vacation a thousand miles away, is that still a Hot for Teacher crime?   Crazy talk.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Isabelle Bowman

Put me in the "yes," camp.

#TobleroneTunnel

Fixed it for you! ??

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

I get the 'abuse of authority' concept, but that seems out of place here as he wasn't a student, in her school or anywhere in her district.  If she screws a 17 year old kid on vacation a thousand miles away, is that still a Hot for Teacher crime?   Crazy talk.

This is why gov't shouldn't be innvolved in cultural issues.  Unfortunately, everthing socially has been broken down, etc... Leaving us in a vacuum where laws become black & white with issues that clearly gray.

Yet, as citizens, we all pay our taxes for the Nanny State that sees no logical gray areas.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

5 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Yea, quick online search shows age of consent is 18 in Arizona. 

And im glad the article pointed out the 17 year old was not a student at the elementary school she taught at. 

My first thought! I wonder if he’s in a different elementary school? 

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Isabelle Bowman

Put me in the "yes," camp.

#toblerone

I have that same swimsuit! What are the odds of that? 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Isn’t it more unethical than it is illegal?  Hence, the 20 year old teacher would likely lose their job/teaching license, but would not be charged with a crime.

Yes, by the way.

23 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Isn’t it more unethical than it is illegal?  Hence, the 20 year old teacher would likely lose their job/teaching license, but would not be charged with a crime.

Yes, by the way.

Depends on how the law's written, really.  I'm not even bothering to check Arizona, because anything that criminalizes sex between consenting adults is !@#$ing stupid.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Depends on how the law's written, really.  I'm not even bothering to check Arizona, because anything that criminalizes sex between consenting adults is !@#$ing stupid.

And... You can count on AZ to "hit it outta the park" w/writing the law!  Only better state @ writing these legislative laws concerning social mores would be Florida or possibly Indiana, Mississippi, or Alabama... Shucks, basically any "Red" State.