Before we put too much stock in this pre-season...

Domdab99

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

bIGh9nU.jpg

Obviously, Leaf is going to be the ? 

I'm curious as to what your angle is, here.  Are you saying that we shouldn't be excited about the good things we've seen from Josh Allen?

• Like (+1) 1

Good post. It shows that the preseason really doesn’t mean a thing. It also shows that athletic ability is not enough. Many things can derail a career. Bills fans should be excited about what they’ve seen out of Josh Allen so far, but shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves. We’re still on the first page of chapter one. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Domdab99 said:

You guys really can’t take a joke? 

truth is that theres just been tons of these negative nancy type posts on this forum this offseason, regardless if the post was meant to be a joke or not. I think most of us, at least for me, have just grown tired of the debbie downer glass half full attitude towards our team's potential. Sure a lot of that has to do with enduring 17 years of the drought. But we all long for the days when we all share in the optimism instead of the familiar pessimistic tones of the past. Thats not to say we can't be critical or realistic about where our teams at, or call something for what it is. But i think we all know that Allen could turn out to be a bust. We already know its possible from living thru EJ Manuel or JP Losman or any of the other countless QB's we've hitched our hopes onto, only to watch them all fail. We get ur joke, but that jokes just not funny anymore haha. Perhaps some of us just have offseason board fatigue & can't wait for the season to begin lol.

Perfectly fine to point out pre-season doesn't equate to anything.  Allen has yet to even play with most of the starters or go against a starting defense.  That said there is nothing in this kid's story that equates to the worst or second worst NFL draft bust of all time.  

I got the point immediately.  

Pre season always was and always is pre season.  It means nothing and the fortunes of teams and players, especially QBs, can change quickly during the grind of a real season.   Not a knock on Allen or any of the of the QBs drafted in this class.  

What I have seen so far is that we look weak at OL and LB.  we all knew WR was thin going into it. 

At QB wish the Vet brought in to replace Tyrod was experienced.  

It is what it is. 

Edited by Bob in STL

5 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Perfectly fine to point out pre-season doesn't equate to anything.  Allen has yet to even play with most of the starters or go against a starting defense.  That said there is nothing in this kid's story that equates to the worst or second worst NFL draft bust of all time.  

I think most people, no, every single person realizes that preseason doesn’t mean much. Pointing that out on a message board is actually pointless. 

Just because use it’s preseason doesn’t mean you can’t be encouraged by what you see, however. 

7 hours ago, brianthomas said:

truth is that theres just been tons of these negative nancy type posts on this forum this offseason, regardless if the post was meant to be a joke or not. I think most of us, at least for me, have just grown tired of the debbie downer glass half full attitude towards our team's potential. Sure a lot of that has to do with enduring 17 years of the drought. But we all long for the days when we all share in the optimism instead of the familiar pessimistic tones of the past. Thats not to say we can't be critical or realistic about where our teams at, or call something for what it is. But i think we all know that Allen could turn out to be a bust. We already know its possible from living thru EJ Manuel or JP Losman or any of the other countless QB's we've hitched our hopes onto, only to watch them all fail. We get ur joke, but that jokes just not funny anymore haha. Perhaps some of us just have offseason board fatigue & can't wait for the season to begin lol.

On the plus side, Allen’s success has silenced the Rosen crowd - for now.

9 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

You guys really can’t take a joke? 

9 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

My attempt to be comical bombs... you guys cant take a joke...

So, you are the same person? 

Whether you you are or are not. I’d recommend the @Johnny Hammersticks Comedy One Can Know School. For only 5(!) easy payments of $39.99 or a one time payment of $225.00 you will receive the very best instruction on:

Timing

Delivery

Knowing your audience

Finding a straight man 

Thickening your skin 

Each lesson will be a deep dive into one of the above topics.  When you complete the Hammersticks COCKS program you will be an expert in all things comedy and you will receive Hammerstick’s personal guarantee that you will never need to use the sarcasm tag during online conversations.

Don’t wait, this exciting offer won’t last forever!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

I got the point immediately.  

Pre season always was and always is pre season.  It means nothing and the fortunes of teams and players, especially QBs, can change quickly during the grind of a real season.   Not a knock on Allen or any of the of the QBs drafted in this class.  

What I have seen so far is that we look weak at OL and LB.  we all knew WR was thin going into it. 

At QB wish the Vet brought in to replace Tyrod was experienced.  

It is what it is. 

Ah, the pre-season paradox: everything we see that is bad in pre-season is meaningful, all we see that is good in pre-season is meaningless.

(Admittedly, it can also manifest itself in the other direction :) )

Edited by thurst44
  • Like (+1) 1