Updated Bills' Upcoming Media Schedule for the Week

Quick Hits: Status updates on Kyle Williams and AJ McCarron

He was able to walk off the field under his own power Friday night, but veteran DT Kyle Williams will not be practicing for the foreseeable future after head coach Sean McDermott provided a timetable on his potential return to the lineup.

“He’s more along the lines of week to week at this point,” McDermott said. “I have a lot of confidence in Kyle, both as a player, a person, healing, but for right now, he remains week to week, so we’ll take it one week at a time.”

McDermott was not going to address whether Williams would be ready for the season opener, which sits three weeks away.

“I know if Kyle can be out there, he’ll be out there,” he said.

McCarron getting second opinion

QBs building bond with teammates

Sean McDermott: "Time to Move Forward" (15:52)

Bills Head Coach Sean McDermott addressed the media before practice on Sunday, August 19th.

Joe B: 5 takeaways from Buffalo Bills HC Sean McDermott (8/19/18)

(WKBW) - Following their second preseason game of 2018, the Buffalo Bills returned to Orchard Park for the next phase of their build-up to the regular season. Training camp is no more, which also means the same access media received during camp exits along with those summer practices.

Practicing full-time in Orchard Park, the Bills now open up their practices only for the first 20-to-25 minutes and then go through their usual team drills without anyone external from the organization watching. Now, all we have to go by is the word of the head coach -- who will speak almost every day until the end of the regular season.

What did Sean McDermott say that stood out this time around? Five takeaways from the man in charge of the Bills:

1) Bills won't rule out McCarron just yet
2) McDermott keeps pumping up Peterman
3) Some optimism with Kyle Williams
4) Phillips' jump up the depth chart confirmed
5) Another rookie getting closer to landing a pivotal role?

QB competition continues, but just Allen and Peterman practicing

Bills head coach Sean McDermott wants injured QB AJ McCarron to complete his second round of testing and finish getting his second opinion before he alters the course of Buffalo’s three-man quarterback competition. But McCarron is currently not fit to practice, which left just Josh Allen and Nate Peterman as active participants in the battle to be the Bills starting quarterback in practice Sunday.

“Definitely different because I’ve been playing in the league five years and I’m used to seeing three guys out there,” said Logan Thomas of the two-man quarterback rotation Sunday. “So, it was different, but it was good for Josh and Nate to get extra reps and learn a little bit more and see a little bit more out there.”

The interesting thing was he really did not like Sal's question about the punter and whether they would give him an injury settlement and I felt like it put him in a mood that continued throughout the presser. Then as he walked off stage at the end he audibly shouts over to Sal. 

I am not sure if he was pissed at being asked the question or whether he is still pissed at the ridiculous incident that took away a young guy's shot with a needless hit in a pre season game.