49ers at Texans

Just now, njbuff said:

I am not slamming Garoppolo, but the pressure was off when he came in last year.

Let's see how he performs now that he is under the gun as the sure fire number one starter.

I don't doubt his ability, but he still has to prove it.

No one said you are, but the thing about the deal being on the level of the trade with TB to acquire Young is something you made up vs what Riddick posted. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

No one said you are, but the thing about the deal being on the level of the trade with TB to acquire Young is something you made up vs what Riddick posted. 

Maybe I worded it wrong, but point is Riddick is jumping the gun a little.

We have a tendency to make players great before they actually accomplish it.

Just now, njbuff said:

Maybe I worded it wrong, but point is Riddick is jumping the gun a little.

We have a tendency to make players great before they actually accomplish it.

He isn't IMO and many in the football world agree with him.

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

I was thinking the same thing. He'd look good with Allen right now.  Not that we could keep them all but could you imagine KB, Sammy, Woods and Goodwin with Allen and our TE's. Lethal!

It would have been very easy to keep Goodwin.  It was a mistake.

51 minutes ago, Dalton said:

I also remember the number of posters who wanted him out.

Yep.  Not an exaggeration to say he was hated here at TSW—for absolutely no reason.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He was pretty darned good for the Bills in '16. 

Especially under the circumstances.

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

When did Goodwin learn to play like a WR#1? Crazy the WR talent we had here at one time we pissed away.

He was mostly hurt while in a Bills uniform. The time he was on the field he spent with bad passers of the football.

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yep.  Not an exaggeration to say he was hated here at TSW—for absolutely no reason.

People wanted him gone because he was always hurt, and not very productive on the field. That's all.

3 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

They couldn't continue to carry both QB's. Jimmy G was going to get paid. Brady was SB mvp for two of the previous three SB's. He was playing up to an MVP level up to that point. There's no way you trade Brady. It would've been a PR nightmare. 

The problem I have ( If I'm a Pats fan) was the return for Jimmy G. According to reports, they could've got at least a 1st from Cleveland. But Belichick traded him to a " Better situation" in SF. To me, that's indefensible. You never put one player ahead of the organization. Again, there's no way to know for certain if the Browns offered that.

Joe Montana was traded. If that can happen, Tommy boy could have been traded too. The drunkard Blob Kraft was simply too loyal. I’m glad they didn’t keep Garropolo , though. 

2 hours ago, Dalton said:

I also remember the number of posters who wanted him out.

He wasn’t dedicated to the Bills , he was funding his Olympic training. Then when his contract was about up, he got serious. Good - riddance, I say. Throw in his anthem stuff and he’s shown what a POS he really is. Definitely not a guy I’ll ever root for again; to each their own I guess. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

The Patriots letting him go has to be one of their worst decisions ever. Probably could've kept that dynasty alive another 10 years with him. Fortunately for us bills fans, they made a bad mistake 

My son and I were watching the game thinking the same thing. We dodged a bullet. Playing him once every four, is better than twice a year. And if we hit on Allen......

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

They couldn't continue to carry both QB's. Jimmy G was going to get paid. Brady was SB mvp for two of the previous three SB's. He was playing up to an MVP level up to that point. There's no way you trade Brady. It would've been a PR nightmare. 

The problem I have ( If I'm a Pats fan) was the return for Jimmy G. According to reports, they could've got at least a 1st from Cleveland. But Belichick traded him to a " Better situation" in SF. To me, that's indefensible. You never put one player ahead of the organization. Again, there's no way to know for certain if the Browns offered that.

The "better situation" was trading him out of the AFC... ?

10 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

The funniest part is even if the first the Browns offered was the Texans pick - NE could have gotten what ended up being #4 overall and replaced Jimmy with potentially a player like Mayfield and had the continued success for years.

14 hours ago, Steptide said:

The Patriots letting him go has to be one of their worst decisions ever. Probably could've kept that dynasty alive another 10 years with him. Fortunately for us bills fans, they made a bad mistake 

Let's wait till Brady actually hangs them up before we declare that. I can just see us going into the 2022 season saying this is it, Brady is going to decline this year...

4 hours ago, joesixpack said:

I'm sure him being more focused on the Olympics and CONSTANTLY being on the training table had nothing to do with it.

So being frequently injured is a valid reason for fans to hate a player on their favorite team?  Do you realize how sick that is?  

And the track thing was way overblown.  There is zero evidence that his long jump training affected his football performance.  

Edited by mannc

1 minute ago, mannc said:

So being frequently injured is a valid reason for fans to hate a player on their favorite team?  Do you realize how sick that is?  

And the track thing was way overblown.  There is zero evidence that his long jump training affected his football performance.  

Nobody HATED the man, take it easy.

Some wanted him shipped out, that's not abnormal in the least.

Just now, joesixpack said:

Nobody HATED the man, take it easy.

Some wanted him shipped out, that's not abnormal in the least.

Not true.  Go back and read some of the posts from a couple years ago.  (Not saying you were one of the haters.)

And the ones who wanted him shipped out (they actually wanted him cut) could not have been more wrong.  He’d be a nice target for JA, no?