Brian Baldinger great analysis of Allen's footwork and the Oline

Yeezus

Allen looks to be the elusive franchise QB we've been waiting for.  Baldinger is right about the OLine, which needs to get squared away quickly.  The guys he picked on - Ducasse, Dawkins, and Mills were all there last year.  This is on Juan Castillo.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Shows how Allens footwork keeps improving, stuff he got criticized for in college. 

Also highlights how abysmal our Oline was, literally half the players that don't know the ball was even snapped. 

The snap was early. Groy's mistake. He's messed up the snap count twice this preseason, maybe something to watch. 

The OL struggled with communicating this game. I wonder if they were trying something new. Many mental mistakes. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

The snap was early. Groy's mistake. He's messed up the snap count twice this preseason, maybe something to watch. 

The OL struggled with communicating this game. I wonder if they were trying something new. Many mental mistakes. 

One of the analysts was mentioning this happening to a lot of teams Offensive Lines.  Linemen being completely lost by simple stunts around the league in preseason.  

Blamed it on lack of in-person tape watching with everyone taking their tablets home to watch tape instead of staying as a unit.  

• Like (+1) 1

The qb can make the o line look good just like an o line can make a rb look good. If Allen can make some plays and make quick reads our o line will look better. Gonna be some ups and downs but if our defense can shore up that run d Allen won’t have to sling it 40 times 

31 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Shows how Allens footwork keeps improving, stuff he got criticized for in college. 

Also highlights how abysmal our Oline was, literally half the players that don't know the ball was even snapped. 

Couldn't agree more; Allen rocks , Oline sux.

17 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Allen looks to be the elusive franchise QB we've been waiting for.  Baldinger is right about the OLine, which needs to get squared away quickly.  The guys he picked on - Ducasse, Dawkins, and Mills were all there last year.  This is on Juan Castillo.

or those guys are trash and Beane better address this next year (along with TE, WR and RB )

With McD playing the guy who gives us the best chance to win , Allen should be the starter.

8 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

OL looked as atrocious on these clips as they appeared to the naked eye last night.

Only Worse!

That’s because Baldy had the Full Frontal view showing how bad they were up close and personal. Defenders were past our O line before their hands got up. I have to believe this was by design. Maybe they wanted to see the QBs under duress and if they can take a hit or two or seven.

• Haha (+1) 1

This o-line looks exactly like it should when it’s leader has left and no one has stepped up to take over. I’m talking about E Wood of course. They need someone to take over and it usually has to be the center. Groy or Bodine? NOT good!!

41 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Couldn't agree more; Allen rocks , Oline sux.

or those guys are trash and Beane better address this next year (along with TE, WR and RB )

With McD playing the guy who gives us the best chance to win , Allen should be the starter.

Wow, Dawkins has one bad pre-season game against a guy who might be one of the rising superstar pass rushers and he's "trash"?...yikes.

7 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

Wow, Dawkins has one bad pre-season game against a guy who might be one of the rising superstar pass rushers and he's "trash"?...yikes.

I just  read in the who hurt/helped themselves that Dawkins hurt and if you watch the above video he let a guy said right by him. I'm not saying hes the worst but all the other guys should be replaced.

The video clip was only 2:19 and it seems to cut off prematurely with Baldinger in mid-sentence.

Does anyone know where to find the full video? 

If someone can post it that would be great.  The original source for this material is not Twitter, is it?

1 hour ago, Yeezus said:

Nice share. Game does not seem too big for him, thus starting him won’t ‘spoil’ him. 

He will screw up but his confidence isn’t getting shattered. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

Honestly, one of the most beautiful things I have seen as a Bills fan is the way Allen ducked away from the defender while keeping his eyes down field.  He could sense  pressure without having to turn and see it.  That is a skill that has been consistently lacking in our long string of lackluster quarterbacks.

• Like (+1) 5