Bills defenders praise Josh Allen.

PIZ

6 hours ago, mattynh said:

Look at his first throw against the browns.  That was a mis fire.  First thrown against the panthers was out of bounds.   There are others.  He still needs work on mechanics.  

What others?  Seriously, watch the clip posted earlier and tell me what other throws were bad.

Were we expecting our defenders to point out his flaws and suggest that he doesn't seem to have what it takes to be successful in the NFL?

Is there any chance whatsoever that they would say anything negative at all? 

What are those odds exactly?

9 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Were we expecting our defenders to point out his flaws and suggest that he doesn't seem to have what it takes to be successful in the NFL?

Most of the time they don’t say anything. Last time I read defenders talking like that was Russell Wilson.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Like it or not Peterman has played well.  Both on the third team and 1st team.  That means he played well against the other teams starters.

I want to see Allen against another teams starters.  You all need to forget about 1 game last year.  If Allen maintains I his level of play against 1st team players then we may have a Kelly and Reich type situation.  FINALLY

My fear with Peterman is when teams scheme, his short comings are going to be exposed for turn overs.  I haven't lost faith for his ability as a back up, but Allen is going to force schemes.  Allen didn't benefit from a run game, the run game benifited by the respect opposing players will have to give his arm.

I have mentioned that he will look over a dump off for the big play,  I think he read my post before the Cleveland game, lol. (JK) but he killed them on short passes.  It was awesome.

7 hours ago, mattynh said:

Look at his first throw against the browns.  That was a mis fire.  First thrown against the panthers was out of bounds.   There are others.  He still needs work on mechanics.  

Missing one pass means you're inconsistent? 

I know you said there were others but he was quite accurate and consistent from start to finish.

20 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

They didn't have to gush over him.  I've never seen that, except as already sited with Wilson.

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Missing one pass means you're inconsistent? 

I know you said there were others but he was quite accurate and consistent from start to finish.

Lol...goes almost %70 and three scores, and dude is complaining about his FIRST pass????????

Edited by JaxBills

1 minute ago, JaxBills said:

My fear with Peterman is when teams scheme, his short comings are going to be exposed for turn overs.  I haven't lost faith for his ability as a back up, but Allen is going to force schemes.  Allen didn't benefit from a run game, the run game benifited by the respect opposing players will have to give his arm.

I have mentioned that he will look over a dump off for the big play,  I think he read my post before the Cleveland game, lol. (JK) but he killed them on short passes.  It was awesome.

The first play of the game was a pick six the defender dropped. Defenders will be jumping routes all game long. High school coaches can figure him out. Guys like him can succeed if not excel in practice and preseason because the speed is not the same. They cannot succeed when the real bullets fly. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The first play of the game was a pick six the defender dropped. Defenders will be jumping routes all game long. High school coaches can figure him out. Guys like him can succeed if not excel in practice and preseason because the speed is not the same. They cannot succeed when the real bullets fly. 

I saw him in HS.  He's local...

So routing for him.......I'm bias.  I'll admit it.???

But he IS NO starter for sure.

24 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

No argument here.  Allen has better tools and has played very well against third team players and played well against 2nd team players while benefiting from having 1st team players in his huddle.  Show me first team against first team.

7 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

No argument here.  Allen has better tools and has played very well against third team players and played well against 2nd team players while benefiting from having 1st team players in his huddle.  Show me first team against first team.

And yet Baker is still touted after being trashed by our second team.  Nobody thinks Allen has "arrived" yet.  But he sure as hell has checked every box.  How many rookie QBs have as many points as him in preseason?  Some who are slated to start.  All with our terrible o line.

It's getting to the point that it's obviois some people are clinging to their original opinions.

BTW, we're talking about starting Nate FREAKEN Peterson over him?!?  

People are saying Baker should start over Tyrod. I mean come on.

Edited by JaxBills

16 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

His confidence and coolness is also more advanced than I expected.  Early on, he's been quite impressive.  The concern is that the offensive line has been offensive.

The starting o-line was pretty good against Carolina.  Pretty bad against Cleveland. That could be a function of Cleveland doing more stunts up front. Game 3 will be a better indicator bc both teams will game plan a bit.

2 hours ago, mattynh said:

Take it easy man.  Not looking for perfection so dint act like I am.   I think Allen will be great but there may be a benefit to him sitting the beginning of the season against some touchy defenses.  Pre season defenses don’t do a lot of scheming and stuff so you have to take good and bad in preseason with a grain of salt.  

What you you don’t want to do is start him and have to pull him if it goes badly.  

The only thing that happens if he sits against "a few good defenses" is that the best QB will be off the field and that QB won't have those experiences and will just have to take his lumps later than sooner.

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

One day he'll have a preseason game with a 100% completion percentage. Only then can we consider starting him however many years that takes.

I agree. But we also need a succession plan in place for when we trade him to New England after he throws his first interception.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, purple haze said:

The starting o-line was pretty good against Carolina.  Pretty bad against Cleveland. That could be a function of Cleveland doing more stunts up front. Game 3 will be a better indicator bc both teams will game plan a bit.

Ol' greggo was blitzing and using overloads.

One play a browns player was still giving McC the business on the ground, I like how our o line didn't take that well and retaliated without drawing a flag.

Edited by JaxBills

12 hours ago, Paulus said:

What if playing him stunts his development/growth but gives the team the best chance to win? 

If that were the case, then I’d rather not play him. 

Developing Josh Allen into our franchise QBs for the next 10+ years is much more important to me than few extra wins this season. 

Just to be clear though, I am not saying that playing josh will stunt his development. 

I have no clue if it would or not. I will defer to the coaching staff’s superior knowledge on this subject, and support whoever they start. 

1 hour ago, JaxBills said:

And yet Baker is still touted after being trashed by our second team.  Nobody thinks Allen has "arrived" yet.  But he sure as hell has checked every box.  How many rookie QBs have as many points as him in preseason?  Some who are slated to start.  All with our terrible o line.

It's getting to the point that it's obviois some people are clinging to their original opinions.

BTW, we're talking about starting Nate FREAKEN Peterson over him?!?  

People are saying Baker should start over Tyrod. I mean come on.

Tyrod passed for 22 yards.

If you want to read what I'm saying I didn't say I don't want him to start.  I was all for Allen when most said he was the worst QB in the draft.

I want to see him with the starters in the first quarter next week but I'm not anointing him the starter.  It's a competition he has to win it.  Which means he has to play well 1st team against 1st team.  Not 1st team against backups.

I'm not as foolish as others.

It seems the professional coaches agree with me.  Slow down dude.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

7 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Tyrod passed for 22 yards.

If you want to read what I'm saying I didn't say I don't want him to start.  I was all for Allen when most said he was the worst QB in the draft.

I want to see him with the starters in the first quarter next week but I'm not anointing him the starter.  It's a competition he has to win it.  Which means he has to play well 1st team against 1st team.  Not 1st team against backups.

I'm not as foolish as others.

It seems the professional coaches agree with me.  Slow down dude.

I wasn't saying you in particular.  Or I would have said you in particular.

My point to you was he's checking the boxes.  Further it's my stated opinion he still needs to play well next week.

My merged post reiderates how mad it seems to me, that after being maybe the Best rookie QB so far, he is viewed as that kid who isnt on par with the other rookie QBs.

31 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

If that were the case, then I’d rather not play him. 

Developing Josh Allen into our franchise QBs for the next 10+ years is much more important to me than few extra wins this season. 

Just to be clear though, I am not saying that playing josh will stunt his development. 

I have no clue if it would or not. I will defer to the coaching staff’s superior knowledge on this subject, and support whoever they start. 

I am thinking that what I asked is the biggest question that needs to be answered by the staff. He, IMHO, gives the Bills the best chance at winning. That said, does starting him stunt his growth? And, to what degree is growth sacrificed for winning now?