Bills defenders praise Josh Allen.

PIZ

2 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Reasonable scenario. 

Thank you, I'm a reasonable poster...

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's so comical how many Peterman bashers there still are. You guys all do realize Nate will be our backup for the next 10 years. Get over it.

He ain't even as good as Thaddeus Lewis. Or Matt Cassel. Or Kevin Kolb. Or JP Losman. Or dozens of other guys who have backed up in the NFL.

Outside of Buffalo, no one gives one whit.

He is Just A Guy.

Edited by OJ Tom

19 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

He ain't even as good as Thaddeus Lewis. Or Matt Cassel. Or Kevin Kolb. Or JP Losman. Or dozens of other guys who have backed up in the NFL.

He is Just A Guy.

Not reasonable. 

On 8/19/2018 at 7:06 PM, OJ Tom said:

That's not what McBeane is gonna do though, it's what some fools here THINK they will or should do. They are fans, that read somenonsense about how to develop QB's and post some kind of plan that they think the team should follow. Each QB is different. This isn't JP Lossman, it's a guy with amazing talent, that is getting good quickly, and a 2nd year guy who (for some reason) some fans have projected their dreams onto (but he is actually just in the way at this point).

At worst, Peterman might start a couple games, but I think he will struggle and it will be obvious that it's time for Allen.

no question he has shown well. and it is just too easy to get stoked about The Kid.
sure as heck rooting for him Sunday. and praying a little. but we all do that..

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/19/2018 at 8:08 PM, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Well the English rule is “ I before E except  after C” so give him a break

I missed a lot of school days  it seems. 

^
so i use spellcheck.               ^
but i still f it up.  see above ^

I did have a math Teacher from England in 5th grade. back when the would do teacher exchanges for some reason.
he chewed his chalk and it would drop onto his tie and such.
Not sure how i feel about English Rule to this day.

Bills play calling and and Offense Design in general has changed a bit from when Tyrod was the QB  i might suspect ?

On 8/19/2018 at 9:08 PM, mannc said:

John Fox in Chicago did the same thing last year, playing the abysmal Mike Glennon over Trubisky for the first 4 or 5 games.  It was an absurd decision, did nothing but delay Trubisky’s development, and Fox is now unemployed.

yes , but it was also John Fox. who likely should be a position Coach  jk.. a little

On 8/19/2018 at 9:53 PM, Green Lightning said:

Reasonable scenario. 

unless he is shipped off for Mack. 

obviously

On 8/19/2018 at 12:48 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

Missing one pass means you're inconsistent? 

I know you said there were others but he was quite accurate and consistent from start to finish.

Wasn’t even s misfire, if you look closely it was more Benjiman being shocked by the velocity... 

On 8/19/2018 at 9:58 PM, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Peterman has won the job and deserves to start but it’s nice seeing the vets behind Josh Allen. Good sign all around.

Remember Troy Vincent breaking JP Losman’s leg in scrimmage?

Peterman has won the job? I must have been sleeping when they announced that one.

On 8/19/2018 at 11:38 PM, OJ Tom said:

He is Just A Guy.

It’s reasonable to assume we know exactly what Nathan Peterman is after all of 49 total pass attempts in NFL game action? 

Im not saying he might not be worse than the QBs you mentioned. All I’m saying is that we don’t know yet. We haven’t watched nearly enough of him to know what he is. 

He was thrown into less than ideal circumstances in that LA game. Their D line just ate our O line alive. I’m not going to just assume NP sucks because he struggled (badly) under those circumstances. 

I thought he rebounded and played well in that Indy game before he left with the injury. 

And ive thought he’s looked pretty good so far this preseason. 

I just think it’s way too early to write Peterman off as our backup QB. You may be totally right that he’s JAG. But we simply don’t know yet. At least IMO anyway. 

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

theIt’s reasonable to assume we know exactly what Nathan Peterman is after all of 49 total pass attempts in NFL game action? 

Im not saying he might not be worse than the QBs you mentioned. All I’m saying is that we don’t know yet. We haven’t watched nearly enough of him to know what he is. 

He was thrown into less than ideal circumstances in that LA game. Their D line just ate our O line alive. I’m not going to just assume NP sucks because he struggled (badly) under those circumstances. 

I thought he rebounded and played well in that Indy game before he left with the injury. 

And ive thought he’s looked pretty good so far this preseason. 

I just think it’s way too early to write Peterman off as our backup QB. You may be totally right that he’s JAG. But we simply don’t know yet. At least IMO anyway. 

If Allen wasn't here I wouldn't mind giving Peterman some benefit of the doubt. But under the current circumstances, reading people gush over Peterman when the odds are high that he is a journeyman at best, is ridiculous. 

So write off the LA game because of the bad circumstances, but hold up a game in a blizzard as a true measure.

The Indy game was about the slowest track a game can be played on, so his weak arm wasn't as much of a problem. It was a game played under extreme conditions, an aberration. And it wasn't like he was slinging the !@#$ing ball all over the field. It was a 13 point game (with overtime even)!

Get a grip.

With Allen here, Peterman talk is a waste of space. It's just looks like left over defensiveness from people that praised him last preseason, but had to eat crow after he **** all over the field in his first half. It reminds me of the guys that claim Trentative was good, but got derailed by the concussion (nope, he blew). I bet there is lots of crossover between those groups here. Same kind of fans.

Peterman is just in the way. I guess if it makes his fans feel better to gush about his potential as a steady backup...well, knock yerself out if that's the kind of thing that keeps you excited about Bills football.

Edited by OJ Tom

14 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

I don't know about "revolt", but I doubt it would help ticket sales.

Very very sleepy after a long week.  Was looking for the word "riot", but my brain was in sleep mode.

29 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

If Allen wasn't here I wouldn't mind giving Peterman some benefit of the doubt. But under the current circumstances, reading people gush over Peterman when the odds are high that he is a journeyman at best, is ridiculous. 

So write off the LA game because of the bad circumstances, but hold up a game in a blizzard as a true measure.

The Indy game was about the slowest track a game can be played on, so his weak arm wasn't as much of a problem. It was a game played under extreme conditions, an aberration. And it wasn't like he was slinging the !@#$ing ball all over the field. It was a 13 point game (with overtime even)!

Get a grip.

With Allen here, Peterman talk is a waste of space. It's just looks like left over defensiveness from people that praised him last season, but had to eat crow after he **** all over the field in his first half.

Peterman is just in the way. I guess if it makes his fans feel better to gush about his potential as a steady backup...well, knock yerself out if that's the kind of thing that keeps you excited about Bills football.

I have never once gushed about Nathan Peterman, this year or last, and I never said the Indy game is a true measure. I am not sure how you gathered that from what I posted. 

I wasn’t saying that he should start over Josh Allen, either. I thought we were talking about his potential to be our long term backup (which is why I made the comment that I hadn’t written him off as our backup...) 

My entire point was that for me, it’s way too soon to say what Peterman is one way or the other. 

He has played what, maybe the equivalent of 1 regular season NFL game at most? 49 total pass attempts... Outside of that, we have only seen him in a handful of preseason games.

That is nowhere near enough of a sample size for me to say what Nathan Peterman is.  

I would say that is a reasonable stance to take. It sure seems a lot more reasonable than having my mind 100% made up on him after a tiny sample size. 

Just because i said that I haven’t made my mind up on NP yet and said he rebounded nicely from that disaster of an LA game doesn’t mean I am some big NP fanboy.  

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I have never once gushed about Nathan Peterman, this year or last, and I never said the Indy game is a true measure. I am not sure how you gathered that from what I posted. 

I wasn’t saying that he should start over Josh Allen, either. I thought we were talking about his potential to be our long term backup (which is why I made the comment that I hadn’t written him off as our backup...) 

My entire point was that for me, it’s way too soon to say what Peterman is one way or the other. 

He has played what, maybe the equivalent of 1 regular season NFL game at most? 49 total pass attempts... Outside of that, we have only seen him in a handful of preseason games.

That is nowhere near enough of a sample size for me to say what Nathan Peterman is.  

I would say that is a reasonable stance to take. It sure seems a lot more reasonable than having my mind 100% made up on him after a tiny sample size. 

Just because i said that I haven’t made my mind up on NP yet and said he rebounded nicely from that disaster of an LA game doesn’t mean I am some big NP fanboy.  

There are guys that get written off without ever playing in a regular season game. Everybody doesn't deserve more chances, and I feel fine writing him off.

He hasn't been compelling in my opinion. There are only 3 QB's n the team, so we have to make do with what's here, but I'm just not any more excited about him than I would be if Paxton Lynch, or Drew Stanton, or Chad Henne, or some other faceless backup were suddenly signed by the Bills (in fact, even less so). Rosters throughout the league have guys just as compelling, that will NEVER start. They are called JAG's.

Edited by OJ Tom