Bills defenders praise Josh Allen.

PIZ

4 hours ago, Yeezus said:

sounds good, lets just hope he doesn't get hurt b/c of our GM ignoring the oline. 

Our GM brought in multiple guys and drafted guys too.

And we have no money! We have a ton of dead money until next year, remember?

5 hours ago, kota said:

I find this amusing.  alot of people on these boards were like "Josh is a first rounder.  Just play him".   Meanwhile McD put him with the 3rd team.  Now as you see Josh improve he is making everyone around him better.  

The players aren't dumb.  They want to win and if they see Josh as the guy to do it that is who they will want.

McD understands...

Opposite of how losman was handled

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Nothing wrong with that.

What is this Frank Reich comparison based on? That they are both QB's destined to play behind someone else?

Frank Reich led what was until recently, the greatest comeback of all time. Given Reich's role in Bills history, it's insulting to even mention Peterman in the same breath, let alone act like he is somehow following in Reich's footsteps.

Utter nonsense. Get a grip.

Edited by OJ Tom

6 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

For me it’s less about peterman and more about making sure Allen is put in the best possible position to succeed long term.  

I am cautious by nature with rookies and especially so with Allen, who I hope is the franchise QB we have been waiting for since Jim Kelly. 

I dont want to do anything that could possibly hurt his development. 

If the coaching staff feel he’s ready to play with the 1’s in preseason game 3 and Allen has another showing like last night, then yeah, start him. 

But if there’s any doubt that he’s ready, I’d rather throw peterman in. 

Definitely excited about what I’ve seen from Allen, though. 

What if playing him stunts his development/growth but gives the team the best chance to win? 

6 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

If the O-line sucks that bad, it's time to make a trade, and bring in a better player or two. Peterman isn't going to fair any better (he blows).

The offensive identity is different with Allen, and they need to gear it to Allen NOW, not working on plays that suit Peterman's game.

I don't mean to pick on you specifically OJ, but it just bugs me when people say stuff like "he blows." I'm all on board with Allen starting at this point, but Peterman does not blow. First of all, the worst guy on the worst team in the NFL is still an amazing athlete. You don't even sniff a shot at the NFL if you aren't a gifted athlete. Secondly, Peterman (since that San Diego game) has played well. He was playing well in the snow game and he has played well in both games this preseason. The kid has had a legitimate shot at one of only 32 starting QB positions in the NFL. That doesn't blow. He may or may not ever become a legit starter in the NFL, but by no means does he suck.

Plus, he's a Buffalo Bill. You could prefer Allen over Peterman without having to trash Peterman. You could point out the reasons why you don't think Peterman should start or won't be a good starting QB in the league, but it's kind of ridiculous to just say he blows. I don't know, I guess I just grew up in a time where we rooted for all of our players. 

40 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Still starting Peterman but oh boy we have ourselves a talent

Link?

Just now, folz said:

I don't mean to pick on you specifically OJ, but it just bugs me when people say stuff like "he blows." I'm all on board with Allen starting at this point, but Peterman does not blow. First of all, the worst guy on the worst team in the NFL is still an amazing athlete. You don't even sniff a shot at the NFL if you aren't a gifted athlete. Secondly, Peterman (since that San Diego game) has played well. He was playing well in the snow game and he has played well in both games this preseason. The kid has had a legitimate shot at one of only 32 starting QB positions in the NFL. That doesn't blow. He may or may not ever become a legit starter in the NFL, but by no means does he suck.

Plus, he's a Buffalo Bill. You could prefer Allen over Peterman without having to trash Peterman. You could point out the reasons why you don't think Peterman should start or won't be a good starting QB in the league, but it's kind of ridiculous to just say he blows. I don't know, I guess I just grew up in a time where we rooted for all of our players. 

He blows.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Josh just needs to learn the patience of the game... you can’t force it. 

Plus playing smart, learning to slide, learning to get down and take a loss, throwing the ball away etc.

One of the plays that I noticed was when they blitzed with the corner (I think) and Allen looked like he was about to take a shot and then pulled it in and took the sack. I believe that was him building on that cluster of a play on 4th down last week. He’s learning and it’s incredible how fast he is and how fun it is to watch. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Steptide said:

Love him or hate him, Peterman has played Damm good in these 2 games. I want whoever is the better qb to start. There is a large crowd of people that just want Allen to start no matter what, I'm just in the boat of start whoever gives us the best chance this year. Yes, allen is the better talent, but he's also a rookie and there will be growing pains. Peterman has the advantage of having already faced about the worst adversity a qb could face (5 it's in a half) and has appeared to overcome it and improve. So he may have the upper hand, at least for now. Like I said, just start who gives us the best chance 

Peterman is pulling a Fitz on you.

7 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

Pfft.

Because Peterman has shown so much veteran savvy.

Like it or not Peterman has played well.  Both on the third team and 1st team.  That means he played well against the other teams starters.

I want to see Allen against another teams starters.  You all need to forget about 1 game last year.  If Allen maintains I his level of play against 1st team players then we may have a Kelly and Reich type situation.  FINALLY

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Peterman is pulling a Fitz on you.

Peterman is nowhere close even to Fitz.

He will dream of having a career like Fitz.

9 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Peterman has the advantage of having already faced about the worst adversity a qb could face (5 it's in a half)

Classic!

Maybe this season he can go for 6 in a half, and REALLY gain experience! Talk about seeing the sunny side of life.

Edited by OJ Tom

7 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

"I'm afraid to start a rookie. Put in the 2nd year guy, he's so much safer"...wringing your hands over this like old ladies.

Where? Point it out...

I think you have been reading about "inconsistency", more than seeing it.

I see a guy consistently getting better each week.

Look at his first throw against the browns.  That was a mis fire.  First thrown against the panthers was out of bounds.   There are others.  He still needs work on mechanics.  

Edited by mattynh
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, mattynh said:

Look at his first throw against the browns.  That was a mis fire.  First thrown against the panthers was out of bounds.   There are others.  He still needs work on mechanics.  

One day he'll have a preseason game with a 100% completion percentage. Only then can we consider starting him however many years that takes.

• Haha (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

One day he'll have a preseason game with a 100% completion percentage. Only then can we consider starting him however many years that takes.

Take it easy man.  Not looking for perfection so dint act like I am.   I think Allen will be great but there may be a benefit to him sitting the beginning of the season against some touchy defenses.  Pre season defenses don’t do a lot of scheming and stuff so you have to take good and bad in preseason with a grain of salt.  

What you you don’t want to do is start him and have to pull him if it goes badly.  

48 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Take it easy man.  Not looking for perfection so dint act like I am.   I think Allen will be great but there may be a benefit to him sitting the beginning of the season against some touchy defenses.  Pre season defenses don’t do a lot of scheming and stuff so you have to take good and bad in preseason with a grain of salt.  

What you you don’t want to do is start him and have to pull him if it goes badly.  

Josh Allen has played well and deserves a start with the 1s for the 3rd preseason game.

Do you agree with that?

As I have stated in a post yesterday, I am the "be patient with Josh Allen and don't rush him" poster child.

That being said, JA deserves a start with the 1s.  IMO

After the 3rd preseason game I personally will have more "data" (facts, stats, and personal opinion).