Bills defenders praise Josh Allen.

PIZ

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

We found our guy! Pumped to see more of Allen rifling the ball all over the field.

Peterman is out new Frank Riech. The perfect #2 QB. He will be ready if anything ever happens to Allen. 

Turn around three times and spit.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Pfft.

Because Peterman has shown so much veteran savvy.

For me it’s less about peterman and more about making sure Allen is put in the best possible position to succeed long term.  

I am cautious by nature with rookies and especially so with Allen, who I hope is the franchise QB we have been waiting for since Jim Kelly. 

I dont want to do anything that could possibly hurt his development. 

If the coaching staff feel he’s ready to play with the 1’s in preseason game 3 and Allen has another showing like last night, then yeah, start him. 

But if there’s any doubt that he’s ready, I’d rather throw peterman in. 

Definitely excited about what I’ve seen from Allen, though. 

32 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I want whoever is the better qb to start. 

So do all Bills fans.

Stats be damned. If you look at Peterman and Allen’s play, and can’t tell who the better, more talented, QB is.....well, I don’t know what to tell you.

Allen is a Hoss.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, wppete said:

Peterman is our new Frank Riech. The perfect #2 QB. He will be ready if anything ever happens to Allen. 

Why, because he is a devoted Christian?

Peterman has done NOTHING to earn that kind of praise. Get real, at this point he hasn't shown enough to hold Frank Reich's old, vintage jockstrap.

Guys I have been the biggest Allen fanboy since an hour after he was picked and I started looking into him. I spent the next few days after the draft watching every college tape and interviews from coaches, teammates, family, and friends. His story caught my attention and I wanted to hear more on how this guy ended up on our team. I hope all of you guys are buckled in for the ride. Allen is going to look like a rookie. It may even happen this next game. 

I do agree with Alexander’s statement about if coach picks Allen. I also like hearing the defensive guys praising Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

"I'm afraid to start a rookie. Put in the 2nd year guy, he's so much safer"...wringing your hands over this like old ladies.

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

I see the undeniable physical talent but I also see the inconsistency.   Not sure he should start immediately.   

Where? Point it out...

I think you have been reading about "inconsistency", more than seeing it.

I see a guy consistently getting better each week.

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Success said:

That TD pass last night showed me just about everything I need to know.

I think the search is - at long last - over.

The play were he was sacked by the unimpeded rusher was his most impressive play of the night.  He actually stood the defender up before going down, and he got up and played like the hit was nothing. 

3 hours ago, wppete said:

We found our guy! Pumped to see more of Allen rifling the ball all over the field.

Peterman is our new Frank Riech. The perfect #2 QB. He will be ready if anything ever happens to Allen. 

Nothing wrong with that.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/18/2018 at 7:28 PM, wppete said:

I am NOT going to be putting up a P5t5rman poster on my wall like I did my Frank Reich signed poster.

The Baltimore Ravens were in the same situation in 2008 when they had a bunch of young guys battling for the job (including Flacco) and they said screw it, let's just go with Flacco.

10 seasons later, Flacco has QB'd almost all the Ravens games, only one losing (in which it was the only time he got injured) and one SB win.

Flacco is getting flack now, but he was really good for a long time.

I hope the Bills have gotten the better version of Joe Flacco........... FROM DAY ONE.

Edited by njbuff