Personal Foul Penalties?

cage

The Bills got a personal foul penalty on a Mayfield run down around their 5 yard line.  Mayfield didn't slide and 3 Bills converged around him bringing him down.  No leading with the helmet.  Did anyone else raise and eyebrow on whether that warranted a flag?  Once QBs scramble they're no different than RBs.  I can't imagine that would be considered a late hit call if the runner was RB or WR.

Just now, cage said:

The Bills got a personal foul penalty on a Mayfield run down around their 5 yard line.  Mayfield didn't slide and 3 Bills converged around him bringing him down.  No leading with the helmet.  Did anyone else raise and eyebrow on whether that warranted a flag?  Once QBs scramble they're no different than RBs.  I can't imagine that would be considered a late hit call if the runner was RB or WR.

To me is was the correct call, but close.  They are making an effort to prevent these big hits when a guy is no longer a threat.  You see it with the helmet hits with the second man in and you will see it more with these types of plays where the guy is tackled and someone piles on late.

There was time to stop if they wanted to - I believe.

The call was Late Hit, and it was late and unnecessary. I know Tasker went on about how that wouldnt have been called in years prior, but it could have been, and should have been.

I swear most of the worry about the new rule comes from Announcers and Media needing something to talk about, and complaining/worrying is the easiest thing, so they have everyone whipped into a frenzy.

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

most likely against us when we play the Cheats*****

That's a given until Brady retires, and it's the main reason I only break things when watching us play the Cheats. Brady lighting us up for 350 and 3 TD's is annoying but it's the really bad officiating every !@#$ing time we play them that sets me off.

In real time it looked like a late hit, but the replay suggested that the defenders had already launched themselves before he went down. Technically, the hit was late since it came in after the QB was down, but I don't see how they could have avoided it.

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The call was Late Hit, and it was late and unnecessary. I know Tasker went on about how that wouldnt have been called in years prior, but it could have been, and should have been.

I swear most of the worry about the new rule comes from Announcers and Media needing something to talk about, and complaining/worrying is the easiest thing, so they have everyone whipped into a frenzy.

Plus half the time they dint actually understand and properly communicate the rule 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

That's a given until Brady retires, and it's the main reason I only break things when watching us play the Cheats. Brady lighting us up for 350 and 3 TD's is annoying but it's the really bad officiating every !@#$ing time we play them that sets me off.

You are neglecting the final phase. The Decline. It happens. Greatness ends, and we will get to witness that. Hopefully soon! Kale and avocado be damned!