Ridiculous penalty just called in Vikings game

Maybe the worst call in the history of the league.

There is no accountability when it comes to officiating.

Also - the league has implemented so many rules and revisions that the refs think an ordinary tackle is a penalty.  It’s insane.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Maybe the worst call in the history of the league.

There is no accountability when it comes to officiating.

Also - the league has implemented so many rules and revisions that the refs think an ordinary tackle is a penalty.  It’s insane.

Agree. The random subjectiveness of officiating in the NFL will most likely be it's downfall. What is a catch? What is PI? What is unnecessary roughness? No one knows, it's insane to me that a multi-billion dollar enterprise can not tighten this up.

10 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I've noticed that some officials are investment advisors in their 'real' jobs.  I hope they do a better job watching out for people's money than they do officiating a football game.

That's the problem with part-time officials, although the NFL did take the first step by making some full-time employees.  Pre-season games should be used as training tools.  If they were all full time, they could gather during the week to review films of games in the prior week and have the head of officials tell them which were correct calls and which weren't.

You still have the calls that are subjective though so it's hard to have a perfect system but taking the extra time for clarification would only help.

• Like (+1) 2

This is a total bull **** call. This is exactly what football is supposed to look like. That was a good hit, and no one was in any danger.

Not sure what the refs and league are thinking here.

New helmet rule, I get and am all for. Defenseless Receiver rule, I get. Cant tackle QB low, yeah I can get that too, QB is stationary so you cant dive into his legs I guess, ok.

But this... This is just clean football. What the heck is "roughing the passer" about it?

Edited by DrDawkinstein

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This is a total bull **** call. This is exactly what football is supposed to look like. That was a good hit, and no one was in any danger.

Not sure what the refs and league are thinking here.

New helmet rule, I get and am all for. Defenseless Receiver rule, I get. Cant tackle QB low, yeah I can get that too, QB is stationary so you cant dive into his legs I guess, ok.

But this... This is just clean football. What the heck is "roughing the passer" about it?

If whoever oversees officiating doesn't clarify to the refs that this is a clean sack, the game will indeed be unwatchable.