Ridiculous penalty just called in Vikings game

Uhhhh.... What?

Clean, beautiful sack, no helmet contact, no "unneccesary roughness", nothing.

This would not shock me if that was Marsha taking the sack, but officials are making calls like that on regular guys now? 

Won't be long they will be flagging defenders for "intent".

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, nucci said:

These are penalties that are going to keep drives alive when the D has a stop....and lose games....

Just like the phantom PI against our guy in the Jags/Bills London game a few years back. NFL is going to have to allow penalties to be review-able sooner rather than later with all the increased pressure being put on the officials.

I’m just kind of assuming this isn’t going to happen in the regular season.  I’ll wait til one of these happens in a Bills game to get worked up over it.  But yeah that call is an embarrassment to the league and an insult to the intelligence of anyone who has ever watched or played the game of football.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

If whoever oversees officiating doesn't clarify to the refs that this is a clean sack, the game will indeed be unwatchable.

Compare that to the (unpenalized) dirty hit that Barr laid on Aaron Rodgers last year...

I don't even get the putting your head down to make a tackle bull ****.  As long as you aren't making head to head contact, who cares how you tackle?  How exactly would they like a 190 lb DB to tackle a 230 lb RB?  It's a violent game.  Injuries are going to happen.  All players understand the risk.

I can't wait for a game being decided due to a drive being extended on one of these stupid penalties....my guess would be...week 1.

• Like (+1) 1

I still think the league should look into my idea. One off the field official reviews any flags that are thrown and will radio down and say hey that's a good call go with it or not. Simple, doesn't require challenges and wouldn't add a significant amount of time to the game. For example, PI call, if the two just get their feet tangled but on the field they call the db, the booth official radios down and says nope incidental contact pick up the flag. Easy adjustment to make. 

• Like (+1) 1