Marcus Murphy needs his own thread

I didn't get to watch the first preseason game because of family circumstances, but I was able to watch a play here and there. I saw a play where our running back got the ball for a surefire loss, but managed to gain 2 yards. I thought to myself, "who the Ef is 45?"... I then recorded the replay of the game a couple days later to see if 45's play was a fluke or if there was real promise. HOLY CRAP! THIS DUDE CAN BALL! Where did he come from?!?!?! He has vision, speed, agility, toughness, and is great in space! This guy needs his own thread. I now look every time before the snap to see if 45 is in the backfield. Cadet is more than expendable now, in my opinion, because of the FANTASTIC performance from Murphy these last 2 games. If McCoy has to sit a couple games, I am not worried with Murphy in the wing.

GO BILLS!

Yes, Murphy looks good; fast, runs with power, good moves, and runs well outside of the tackles and between them. 

He was used a runner only a few times in his years at Carolina.  He is getting his shot.

If he keeps doing this, he may be an important player this year, someone who can give the 30 year old McCoy a break now and then,  including for an entire series at times.  Nothing like a great one-two punch to wear down a defense, especially as a game progresses. 

And what we saw on the kickoff was not a fluke, as he was an excellent returner in college,  with a 30 yard average and two touchdowns.

Love those young hungry (and skillful) players that surprise us.

Murphy is looking like he should be the backup over Ivory imo. He's decisive, more agile, and certainly faster. He also has good hands for the most part. The question is will he hold up in pass pro?

3 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

Yes, Murphy looks good; fast, runs with power, good moves, and runs well outside of the tackles and between them. 

He was used a runner only a few times in his years at Carolina.  He is getting his shot.

If he keeps doing this, he may be an important player this year, someone who can give the 30 year old McCoy a break now and then,  including for an entire series at times.  Nothing like a great one-two punch to wear down a defense, especially as a game progresses. 

And what we saw on the kickoff was not a fluke, as he was an excellent returner in college,  with a 30 yard average and two touchdowns.

Love those young hungry (and skillful) players that surprise us.

Marcus Murphy was never on Carolina... drafted by the saints and was on jets and colts PS