Baker Mayfield better than Tyrod already?

Baker has looked goods in the two games. I happen to watch hen he played in the 1st one too. 

As for TT, I was surprised the Brown's coaching staff put so many run plays. What, they didn't want Tahrod to show some pride and upstage his old team? He did very little cause that's what the plays called for. 

1 hour ago, Mickey said:

Trying to predict how good a rookie will be based on preseason games is like a teenager thinking he knows what sex will be like based on holding a girl's hand during square dancing class in gym. 

I didn't know they taught square dancing in high school. I dated a farm girl in my younger days & she took me to a Grange square dance. I had no clue about square dancing but they should me how & I had a great time.

It's about culture.  The Browns are 1-31, coming off 0-16.  Tyrod will not make the big plays to win games, but will not make the mistakes.  As with us, TT will keep the Browns in a number of games.  The Browns need that consistancy right now.  They need to win a few games, get the monkey off their back, then they can bring Mayfield in.

Look at it this way, if Cleveland crash and burns with TT against a tough schedule, he is a sacrificial lamb.  Mayfield is then brought in against easier teams and the fans forgive all.  If Mayfield starts and the Browns struggle, talk will persist about the Browns still being losers, and Mayfield will come under fire.  This gets even worse if other QBs taken in this draft are doing well.  All kinds of way too early talk about if Mayfield is a bust, if Cleveland took the wrong QB, etc.

Makes sense to start Tyrod, believe it or not...

2 hours ago, bobblehead said:

Baker was and is the best of the big 4.  He should have been picked 1st overall.  

He looked pretty weak reading defenses on the plays that weren’t clearly designed likecswings and screens. 

Hung on to the ball way to long. 

We got the better guy. Baker will bust out in a few years. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bobblehead said:

Baker was and is the best of the big 4.  He should have been picked 1st overall.  

He is crazy accurate, but he looks like a tiny little person out there. We’ll see.....

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I spelled it that way for proper pronunciation ;)

I think you got it right! Birth certificates are just one option to go by. 

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He looked pretty weak reading defenses on the plays that weren’t clearly designed likecswings and screens. 

Hung on to the ball way to long. 

We got the better guy. Baker will bust out in a few years. 

This puts Mayfield in the same boat as Tyrod!

All Mayfield needs to do is learn to read defenses and he will beat out Taylor.

It slays me hearing about Tyrod's little attitude against the Bills.

I can't even imagine what he is going to feel when Cleveland has him riding the pine.

52 minutes ago, cd1 said:

This puts Mayfield in the same boat as Tyrod!

All Mayfield needs to do is learn to read defenses and he will beat out Taylor.

It slays me hearing about Tyrod's little attitude against the Bills.

I can't even imagine what he is going to feel when Cleveland has him riding the pine.

I think those two guys are more similar than most. 

I watched all of his every throw videos. 

He ran a scrpited offense, rarely threw over the middle, when he did they rolled him out. 

In my view he’s a slightly better throwing, slightly less athletic TT. 

I even speculate they grabbed Tyrod because they saw that too, and offensive design center around it. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

Mayfield was my #1 choice in the draft. 

That said, I'm glad we didn't get him. He might develop into being great but I think people who wanted Taylor gone are looking for validation and will grasp at just about anything they can for it.

The problem is Mayfield's performance last night looked like the same fool's gold performance Peterman's was. Both guys starting out Not Good or Awful and then starting to play well when all the guys who aren't going to be playing in the NFL came out onto the field.

Mayfield will probably develop and become a Franchise QB (unlike Peterman), but it already looks like Allen is pretty well ahead of him. 

Is Mayfield ahead of Taylor?

Is this question coming up because of what Taylor did against our 1st string Defense alone last night and what Mayfield did against our 3rd and 4th string Defense?

I'm guessing that's the case. It's a strange case to make.

I've been pretty disappointed in Mayfield actually, but it could be because I legitimately had high expectations and thought he'd be the best of the bunch. Regardless, he hasn't looked like the #1 overall pick or even a surefire 1st round QB to me so far.

So happy Allen fell to 7 right now :thumbsup:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I think those two guys are more similar than most. 

I watched all of his every throw videos. 

He ran a scrpited offense, rarely threw over the middle, when he did they rolled him out. 

In my view he’s a slightly better throwing, slightly less athletic TT. 

I even speculate they grabbed Tyrod because they saw that too, and offensive design center around it. 

More similar?  In what ways?  One places balls precisely, and one throws them in the vicinity. One leads a receiver, hits him stride, and one throws it somewhere in the vicinity.  Yes, generalizing and exaggerating here, but almost nothing similar in their skill sets