Why is nobody discussing the offensive line?

BigDingus

4 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Don't care how good Josh Allen looked yesterday, don't care how well he plays in the next 2 games. No team in there right mind should risk their future franchise QB behind that mess we have put together as an offensive line

2-3 of those players wouldn't even be in the NFL had it not been for the Bills for some reason still sticking with them. Beane has failed to address the Oline for the 2nd offseason in a row and its showing in preseason (and training camp). 

Look, we aren't going to win many games this season, lets stop being delusional. This is a rebuild year. It isn't worth risking the future of your team just to win a few games. Let Peterman start and go from there. 

The second team oline looked really good. I think there is a combo that would provide us with an average oline .

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

We shouldn’t start Allen until we have 5 Pro Bowl lineman blocking for him.

No need for hyperbole. There is somewhere between arguably the worst line in the league and "5 pro bowl lineman." Some people just don't want to see Allen get injured like McCarron did. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Don't care how good Josh Allen looked yesterday, don't care how well he plays in the next 2 games. No team in there right mind should risk their future franchise QB behind that mess we have put together as an offensive line

2-3 of those players wouldn't even be in the NFL had it not been for the Bills for some reason still sticking with them. Beane has failed to address the Oline for the 2nd offseason in a row and its showing in preseason (and training camp). 

Look, we aren't going to win many games this season, lets stop being delusional. This is a rebuild year. It isn't worth risking the future of your team just to win a few games. Let Peterman start and go from there. 

The Bills are making the starting QB decision based on what the line looks like as it's been discussed in many other threads. It's not happening and it shouldn't.  

Beane did address the line in UFA with the signings of Bodine and Newhouse. Additionally he drafted Teller.  

Allen will start or not based on his own development path and performance on the field.

/thread

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Like I've been saying, you got to get Bodine out of that lineup. Ducasse sucks as well. at this point I'd like to see Groy at Center and let's bring that Teller kid up to play guard.

It's what I see too, and we're far from the only ones. Yet I have to disbelieve my eyes and trust that professional coaches that are with them daily know better. But it's hard to distrust one's own eyes LOL

7 minutes ago, cd1 said:

McCarron holds on to the ball too long. Tyrod could get away with it because he was a MUCH faster runner.  The Browns treated McCarron like teams would Tyrod - Make him throw the ball - sack!

Allen came in and (yes he was rushed) got the ball out quick. Do THAT a few times and the defense has to back off some.

In all fairness Nate Peterman ALSO gets the ball out quicker than McCarron.

One more thing - I just re-watched last nights game and I did not see any play that would lead me to believe that AJ could have been hurt or injured. Looked like some fairly routine type sacks. Allen took some brutal sacks though.

All that said, our O-Line SUCKS and the only way (other than getting better players) is not giving the defense enough time to attack.  IMO 

The sack at 2:30 left in the 1st.

Watch the next play.  It's a hand off and after the play you can see AJM swing his right around after the hand off.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, cd1 said:

McCarron holds on to the ball too long. Tyrod could get away with it because he was a MUCH faster runner.  The Browns treated McCarron like teams would Tyrod - Make him throw the ball - sack!

Really? He often got hit right away. He didn't have time to hold the ball too long! Anyway, he's out for a while but I really hopes he comes back sonner than later. We need 3 QBs!

2 minutes ago, MPT said:

No need for hyperbole. There is somewhere between arguably the worst line in the league and "5 pro bowl lineman." Some people just don't want to see Allen get injured like McCarron did. 

Allen has also previously broken his collarbone. 

9 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Just start him. He might get hurt this season but what are the odds he will get a career ending injury? I refuse to watch Nathan Peterman

piss off with that that mentality 

Thats how you destroy a rookies development. God some Bills fans are absolutely delusional. Go support another team if all you care about is winning right now. We are rebuilding. 

Edited by Yeezus
  • Like (+1) 1

Did Josh Allen really have any competition from the get go? Let's be honest, AJ McCarron couldn't beat out an average (good but not great) Andy Dalton and Peterman may be a decent QB someday but I doubt he'll be a starter at any point, maybe a Frank Reich type? Allen has the arm and escapability to get himself out of trouble, I would have liked to see him sit a year and just soak it all in but he's the best chance for us to win and it's quite obvious at least imo.

Fans have no idea how an OL works together. All they see is the result of the play. It's mostly mental. Knowing who to block is the biggest part of good pass protection. There were a couple breakdowns vs Cleveland. It wasn't a jailbreak. All correctable. That said, Ducasse and Bodine shouldn't be starting IMO. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Bills are making the starting QB decision based on what the line looks likeas it's been discussed in many other threads. It's not happening and it shouldn't.  

Beane did address the line in UFA with the signings of Bodine and Newhouse. Additionally he drafted Teller.  

Allen will start or not based on his own development path and performance on the field.

/thread

Bodene and Newhouse? LMAO the league is laughing at us with those signings.  Journeymen Oline players aren't fixing anything

we need to invest in the line. 

• Like (+1) 1

We have our QB . Every other position can be addressed in free agency. Trade draft picks now to put together a real offensive line.

Several recent Super Bowls have been won by guys on a  rookie QB contract. There is not time to fart around building a line for three years.  There is on reason to stockpile picks.  The QB search is over. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Yeezus said:

piss off with that that mentality 

Thats how you destroy a rookies development. God some Bills fans are absolutely delusional. Go support another team if all you care about is winning right now. We are rebuilding. 

We made the playoffs last year.  What is missing from 2017 that makes 2018 a rebuilding year?  Please be specific and please don't say Preston Brown.

10 minutes ago, billspro said:

The second team oline looked really good. I think there is a combo that would provide us with an average oline .

but they weren't playing against a the first team defense. Not to say that one of those players won't break through.