Why is nobody discussing the offensive line?

BigDingus

I like how people are treating Josh Allen like he is a baby and he better not go over to grandpa’s house because he smokes cigs.

This is freaking football. The Bills will be a run heavy offense and there is NO REASON other than he isn’t ready, that he should not be the starter.

Yeezus, when you post something it is safe to say the opposite of what you want is what should happen.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Im not a GM. I’d start by looking at the Cowboys. They have a stout line, might have good depth, may have a youngster that can backfill a vet. 

Free agents? 

Joeckel is out there, worth a look? 

Cool, who on the Cowboys?

The same Joecka that has been injury prone and just not any good either?

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Im not a GM. I’d start by looking at the Cowboys. They have a stout line, might have good depth, may have a youngster that can backfill a vet. 

Free agents? 

Joeckel is out there, worth a look? 

Go watch the games Tyron Smith missed last season. Brutal. 

12 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

John McKay himself would agree that it is truly offensive.  This should be what everyone is talking about today, not QBs, not LBs, not WRs.

Focus on the trenches people.

Maybe look to the front page and the multiple o-line threads for an answer.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What would you have done oh wise one? 

Would have signed much better guys and drafted them before the friggin 5th round. I'm not looking it up as it's not worth my time but there are definitely better guys then what we got. We lost 3 All Pros and didn't do nearly enough to replace them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Would have signed much better guys and drafted them before the friggin 5th round. I'm not looking it up as it's not worth my time but there are definitely better guys then what we got. We lost 3 All Pros and didn't do nearly enough to replace them.

They drafted Allen and Edmunds as key players in the 1st round.  So what players would you have drafted and signed in UFA.  I want names dammit!

44 minutes ago, MPT said:

No need for hyperbole. There is somewhere between arguably the worst line in the league and "5 pro bowl lineman." Some people just don't want to see Allen get injured like McCarron did. 

Same goes with the backs.McCoy hit a wall multiple times. Later, when the 2's &3's were in they got some blocking. 

The off season signings by the regime are all dumpster signings. And it shows. Besides Dawkins who got schooled last nite. 

It's possible there are NO other starting grade lineman. Vlad blows, Mills isn't even an NFL caliber RT. imo

30 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's not as if top caliber OL are just waiting to be snatched up with an overabundance in the league and they were dealt an unexpected blow with the retirement of Richie Incognito on top of Wood leaving due to career ending injury.    It is what it is, but there's no reason to baby Allen if he's ready. 

I get what you're saying and I largely agree.  However, you can't have your QB getting destroyed from the blind side like what (very unfortunately) happened to AJ.  Because of that, he's done for the rest of preseason and into October, assuming he makes the team.  If Allen starts and gets injured due to poor blocking, you're down to Peterman.  Not a good scenario.  There is absolutely work that needs to be done with the blocking assignments, as well as possibly scheme and technique, so the QB has a chance to stay healthy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

They already had Glenn’s replacement in Dawkins.  Free agency begins in mid-March.  The RI situation came to a head on April 14th.    The heir apparent for Wood was supposed to be Groy, and I think he will fill in just fine in time.  Overall, I think the FO did the best they could to deal with the loss of RI.

We have needed a RT for 3 years and Miller sucked last year and they did nothing about those spots. I'm a big believer in Beane but he missed on the online as well as WR. I know we had a lot of holes on defense but if I'm drafting my franchise QB I'm getting him all the help he needs first so he can succeed and not get killed in the process and fix the D next year.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

I get what you're saying and I largely agree.  However, you can't have your QB getting destroyed from the blind side like what (very unfortunately) happened to AJ.  Because of that, he's done for the rest of preseason and into October, assuming he makes the team.  If Allen starts and gets injured due to poor blocking, you're down to Peterman.  Not a good scenario.  There is absolutely work that needs to be done with the blocking assignments, as well as possibly scheme and technique, so the QB has a chance to stay healthy.

So you want McDermott to preach to the team that they're doing everything to win, but we're not going to play Josh as the best QB because you offensive lineman might get him killed.  So hey Nathan, we'll play you instead. :thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

John McKay himself would agree that it is truly offensive.  This should be what everyone is talking about today, not QBs, not LBs, not WRs.

Focus on the trenches people.

It might be offensive too other teams. Saying the Bills even have a OL. A sieve may be a better description. 

People just seem so terrified that Allen playing with this line will get him hurt and psychologically scar him preventing him from becoming a great quarterback. But his record indicates the exact opposite. In the very first game Allen started at Wyoming he broke his collar bone in multiple places and was done for the season. This is after no one recruited him and he had to fight to get one college to give him a shot. Then the season he comes back he does so well that a quarter back from Wyoming gets mentioned as a potential number 1 pick.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Ducasse, again, is the weakest link imo. I don't know what the hell they see in him, but he is a liability. He is manhandled on a consistent basis and needs to be on the bench. 

The thing that drives me nuts about Decause is he constantly lets defenders get under his pads.....

YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT

56 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

So, after Peterman gets destroyed behind “this Oline” because he’s not very mobile and takes much longer than Allen to get the ball out, what do we do then?

Right.  Then we play the guy who should have been playing all along, the rookie, because he is the only QB we have that can flourish in this offense.

This.

The "you can't start a rookie QB" posts are becoming more goofy.

• Like (+1) 2