Why is nobody discussing the offensive line?

BigDingus

His line a Wyoming was a lot worse ;) 

I think he makes quick reads and gets the ball out on time.

I was more worried week 1 when he was behind the future cuts and practice squad line ;) 

I remember Jimbo getting drilled behind a pretty good line back in the day.

You just get up dust your self off and go back to the bench and yell at the big fat dummies ;) 

Edited by JMF2006
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Don't care how good Josh Allen looked yesterday, don't care how well he plays in the next 2 games. No team in there right mind should risk their future franchise QB behind that mess we have put together as an offensive line

2-3 of those players wouldn't even be in the NFL had it not been for the Bills for some reason still sticking with them. Beane has failed to address the Oline for the 2nd offseason in a row and its showing in preseason (and training camp). 

Look, we aren't going to win many games this season, lets stop being delusional. This is a rebuild year. It isn't worth risking the future of your team just to win a few games. Let Peterman start and go from there. 

Good thing you are back and trolling again.  So the starting o-line looked bad with McCarron as QB and that should impact all decisions- glad you are not in the FO.  That same #1 o-line gave Peterman in week 1 enough time and space to be successful and Allen seemed ok behind the same line.  

McCarron struggled behind the 2nd line in week 1 - so maybe it is not the line as much as the QB.

23 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Don't care how good Josh Allen looked yesterday, don't care how well he plays in the next 2 games. No team in there right mind should risk their future franchise QB behind that mess we have put together as an offensive line

2-3 of those players wouldn't even be in the NFL had it not been for the Bills for some reason still sticking with them. Beane has failed to address the Oline for the 2nd offseason in a row and its showing in preseason (and training camp). 

Look, we aren't going to win many games this season, lets stop being delusional. This is a rebuild year. It isn't worth risking the future of your team just to win a few games. Let Peterman start and go from there. 

Actually one offseason as Beane wasn't GM at 2017 draft and most of the good players were signed by them.

However losing Glenn , Ritchie and Wood is a huge blow and SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED THIS OFFSEASON.

I want Allen to start but definitely am concerned about the bums in front of him.

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Any suggestions? These threads are typically general statements but rarely can anyone give a specific remedy.

Im not a GM. I’d start by looking at the Cowboys. They have a stout line, might have good depth, may have a youngster that can backfill a vet. 

Free agents? 

Joeckel is out there, worth a look? 

33 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Bills are making the starting QB decision based on what the line looks like as it's been discussed in many other threads. It's not happening and it shouldn't.  

Beane did address the line in UFA with the signings of Bodine and Newhouse. Additionally he drafted Teller.  

Allen will start or not based on his own development path and performance on the field.

/thread

that was not not enough to address the Oline, not even close.

I do think Allen will start based on his performance.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Actually one offseason as Beane wasn't GM at 2017 draft and most of the good players were signed by them.

However losing Glenn , Ritchie and Wood is a huge blow and SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED THIS OFFSEASON.

I want Allen to start but definitely am concerned about the bums in front of him.

They already had Glenn’s replacement in Dawkins.  Free agency begins in mid-March.  The RI situation came to a head on April 14th.    The heir apparent for Wood was supposed to be Groy, and I think he will fill in just fine in time.  Overall, I think the FO did the best they could to deal with the loss of RI.

• Thank you (+1) 1