Why is nobody discussing the offensive line?

BigDingus

Just now, Yeezus said:

Bodene and Newhouse? LMAO the league is laughing at us with those signings.  Journeymen Oline players aren't fixing anything

we need to invest in the line. 

To be fair to the FO, I’m not sure they expected to have to replace RI or Wood.  They did draft Teller, and I expect him to be a starter at LG sooner than later.

17 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Don't care how good Josh Allen looked yesterday, don't care how well he plays in the next 2 games. No team in there right mind should risk their future franchise QB behind that mess we have put together as an offensive line

2-3 of those players wouldn't even be in the NFL had it not been for the Bills for some reason still sticking with them. Beane has failed to address the Oline for the 2nd offseason in a row and its showing in preseason (and training camp). 

Look, we aren't going to win many games this season, lets stop being delusional. This is a rebuild year. It isn't worth risking the future of your team just to win a few games. Let Peterman start and go from there. 

Tell this to two time Super Bowl Champ Eli Manning

3 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Bodene and Newhouse? LMAO the league is laughing at us with those signings.  Journeymen Oline players aren't fixing anything

It's not as if top caliber OL are just waiting to be snatched up with an overabundance in the league and they were dealt an unexpected blow with the retirement of Richie Incognito on top of Wood leaving due to career ending injury.    It is what it is, but there's no reason to baby Allen if he's ready. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I have a feeling that part of the FO's thinking has been that next year they will have the cap space to improve the o-line with free agent additions, so if McCarron or Peterman can play adequately, having Allen sit for the year would make sense for multiple reasons.  Because Allen has been better than expected (at least so far) combined with the injury to McCarron, they may not have this luxury.  

The o-line is worrisome.  I doubt there are many quick fixes here, but Groy should be starting and maybe Teller can take one of the guard spots at some point.

11 minutes ago, MPT said:

No need for hyperbole. There is somewhere between arguably the worst line in the league and "5 pro bowl lineman." Some people just don't want to see Allen get injured like McCarron did. 

Injuries can happen at any point regardless of who is blocking for you. Start the guy that gives us the best chance to win and that’s it. Should we not play shady either? Can’t risk him getting injured either behind this line.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....."paging Mouse McNally".......Mr. Fix It at age 74 is WAAAAAAAY better than what we have now...............

when he was here in the mid 2000's he made a point of saying, "I'm not a miracle worker, I can only work with the talent I have."

As to the OP, no one is ignoring the OL NOW, not after a game like last night.

Its the off season when its ignored. And that's when it should be a priority.

I just said this in another thread, but the 2nd team OL was just as bad as the 1st team OL last night. It only looks better because Allen knows how to escape pressure. The TD to Streater is a perfect example. No other QB on the team (and only a few QBs in the NFL) can score that TD.

7 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Dawkins, Miller and Teller

we have been investing in the o-line. 

15 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The sack at 2:30 left in the 1st.

Watch the next play.  It's a hand off and after the play you can see AJM swing his right around after the hand off.

Absolutely! I see it now.  Thanks.