Josh Gordon Returns to the Browns - Will be Released After Being Late to Team Facility

Josh Gordon is perplexing to me.  He seems like such a likable young man and someone that can put their mind to something and do it.   He doesn't seem like that typical person you know is just going to struggle to get it together.   

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Josh Gordon is perplexing to me.  He seems like such a likable young man and someone that can put their mind to something and do it.   He doesn't seem like that typical person you know is just going to struggle to get it together.   

I just assumed he was a moron for getting in trouble so often. But then I read a bunch about him and listened to him talk about his issues and I completely reversed my opinion. I'm really pulling for him. He's extremely likable as you say, and very thoughtful. He takes the blame for his troubles. Doesn't blame others or the system or anything. I really hope he does well. 

• Like (+1) 4

Why this latest Josh Gordon comeback is different from the others

Josh Gordon’s return to the Browns isn’t the end of his latest saga, another bout in a life-long battle with addiction. It’s only the beginning of the next chapter.

How long does he last this time before the next interruption of his career?

Will he get on the field in the regular season, or traipse off abruptly before the Pittsburgh game to another round of counseling?

Some fans are tired of the drama and fault the Browns for not separating from Gordon once and for all.

I think they are doing the right things – for Gordon and for themselves.

Sounds like he is a very common case of someone who struggles with depression/anxiety issues and he has been self-medicating with pot and/or alcohol.

That is very treatable with proper counseling, attention, and maybe a good SSRI.

If he is fundamentally a good kid, he should get it together with the right help and if he has the right commitment.

5 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Sounds like he is a very common case of someone who struggles with depression/anxiety issues and he has been self-medicating with pot and/or alcohol.

That is very treatable with proper counseling, attention, and maybe a good SSRI.

If he is fundamentally a good kid, he should get it together with the right help and if he has the right commitment.

..you would hope he could control/overcome it and remain in football under much stricter auspices...outside of football and he becomes a statistic IMO.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

On 8/18/2018 at 3:29 PM, White Linen said:

He smokes weed. Maybe the league should get it together and stop testing for it? It’s just a plant. 

Didn’t Josh Gordon say a few years back that he wasn’t good around groups of people? Like not socially capable or something?

Its funny how his absence was the length of the time fans were allowed at preseason practices and how players basically should interact with the fans...

As one of your star WRs, how do you tell fans, “he basically wants nothing to do with you, socially anyways”.

I may be wrong, but I’m pretty sure a few years back he mentioned or it was mentioned it was something he had a hard time dealing with.